Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

79 Series that's not silly money ...

60 grand and a left hooker??!
i could import three almost mint 80s for that.
the mahogany trim or whatever it is looks awful imo.

sorry, grimbo, bit negative there..

Are there any mint 80's left ? even at 20K ?

It is a marmite kind of vehicle but what other new or nearly new Landcruiser available now in the UK that's LEZ compliant that will tow 3.5 tons all day long can you buy ?

A good mate has a similar one.... his cost 38K to buy ..then import it , he's since spent about 7K on upgrades such as chip , winch bumper , uprated clutch because he tows a lot , 3 inch stainless free flow exhaust , centre console and door pockets, proper rust proofing , plus other parts... so this one is a tad over priced but not by miles...

I won't be buying it but then I have an 80 ;-)

Keep in mind that bog standard these 79 are very industrial vehicles. Unless you have 'plans, money and places out of ordinary to be' a Hilux is a better bet.

At that price, a Hilux is perhaps a better bet anyway :)

Also, the vdj v8 is only euro 4 no? So it won't be lez ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
jap import 80s can be found in excellent condition. granted, probable more than 20k now.

i have nothing against them, they look great, have that classic 4x4 look. a bit like the old defender, they also ride like a defender. sparse cramped cab. the V8 doesnt have the best rep in OZ and just so expensive, at least once they get over here. do they have the special toyota rust prevention treatment?

damn it! im at it again.. ok im off..

Looks like it could have been a demonstration vehicle no scratches in the rear of the tub if so then any sort of niggling fault would have been sorted out straight away and very well looked after

Keep in mind that bog standard these 79 are very industrial vehicles. Unless you have 'plans, money and places out of ordinary to be' a Hilux is a better bet.

At that price, a Hilux is perhaps a better bet anyway :)

Just try buying one. 53 week lead time being quoted at the dealer last week.

Also, the vdj v8 is only euro 4 no? So it won't be lez ?
I think they fall through the net somehow when you get them registered over here....

A years wait for Hilux is nuts. I know the LCs are now at a similar wait too.

There was a 70 series pickup a certain shower of c*nts had up on their instagram, where a director was boasting about how he/she/it/they/ze knocked the client £90k for...

So if nothing else we've decided that 79s in the UK are very marmite in that you either love them or hate them .

Yes they are not full of the latest gadgets but as a working vehicle and especially one that tows a lot there is no comparison between a V8 79 and a Hilux when you have a load on the back....
Hilux still has rear cart springs and delicate IFS and is much lighter both in construction and weight and never feels boss of a fully loaded trailer.
The 79 is expensive but feels like it's built to tow , and is as close as you can get to a brand new 80 in build quality and strength if not luxury .

What else can you or would you buy from any manufacturer can you buy that will tow 3.5 tons all day every day across Europe ?

The LR Discovery is a brilliant tow vehicle with excellent engine power and chassis dynamics but will without doubt go wrong ...
The Ford Ranger now only comes with a 2 litre twin turbo 4 cylinder lump that if the gearbox doesn't go wrong will annoy with the lack of torque that requires a 10 speed box....
Hilux while reliable lacks the horsepower to make it outstanding
Isuzu is reliable , well built but again lacks power and weight for a fully loaded trailer

I saw a you tube video of one Toyota Master technician. As per his experience no other Toyota is built like The Landcruiser.

The frown on that tater is giving me a stinking headache

Back