Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 air con, compressor not kicking in

Jamie_t01

Country Flag
australia
Hey gang, I noticed the other day my air con compressor is not kicking in when I switch it on. I have checked the fuse under the dash, all good there. Also checked power at compressor and nothing. The relay isnt making the sound like it usually does when being turned on. Is there a way to test relays? Auto electrics isn’t my strong point. Can somebody point me in the direction of where to look? Thanks heaps for your help, Jamie

Could be your gas has escaped and the low pressure protection circuit has kicked in. Take a piece of wire, bare the ends, unplug the little grey connector on the pump and touch the wire from the +ve on the battery to the terminal inside the pump plug. It should click and clack. Don't run it for long like that. Go from there.

Just behind the headlight and in front of the battery passenger side (if r/h drive) is a plug. Mine had come undone after a dune jump in Morocco I left it for a year fearing a dead system, but after the ear bashing from the mrs, I took headlight out and found it....plugged it back together and 100% perfect air con!

Back