Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 at the right money perhaps

The e bay one has had its title changed to 'now sold' but the advert is still live but with the buy it box removed. Is that just a move to prevent having to re list it if the sale falls through?

Some crossed wires here apparently.

The £10k one reduced, now has a couple of warning lights!! Still for that kind of money I'd expect a great leather interior, totally solid bodywork and every single thing to work.

Very first post (yours) has an e bay link in it it. That's the only one I'm looking at - as per the title of the thread.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No belt on the aircon and a leaf blower battery in the driver's side, but again, could be made into something decent if ok in the flesh. But who are these people who sell a car with pictures taken using a dirty old fishtank?

What do they mean by rear seal though. Water pipe - rear heater?

“Oil leak from rear main oil seal” has to be the crank seal behind the flywheel surely? The leaking water pipe leak I would think will be the pipes to the rear heater, a relatively easy fix if so.

Well the point I am making is that you presume this only from what they say and given that they don't know sh*t from sawdust, how reliable is that? The rear main oil seal could easily be the rear transfer box seal.
You'd know the difference and I'd know the difference, but do they?

I really like the first 80 in this thread. It look's real honest and I also think that if the under bonnet unrusted small brackets etc are quite a good indication which Grant noted on.

I really hope that it hasn't gone into the wrong hands, but if a person buys it then it's entirely theirs to do what they want with it! :pray::thumbup:

Have you looked at the mot lol
13 August 2011

Pass

then the next entry

6 December 2018

Fail

• Nearside Rear Inner Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Offside Rear Inner Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Outer Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Offside Rear Outer Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Front Windscreen washer not working (3.5 (a))
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
19 December 2018

Fail

• Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting n/s and o/s rear inner (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting n/s and o/d rear outer (6.2.2 (d) (i))

No, I didn't . I'm not looking for one myself as you know. It just amuses us to see these rare 24v manuals.

Don’t you guys know anything by now, this is the front seal...

3B1EC321-01C6-43EE-9F17-EB1CF3DEEC8A.jpeg

And this is the rear seal...

FBC76436-C625-455C-AFBE-DA01CBA7166E.jpeg

I’d walk away if either are leaking...

Mind, neither are 80s, so I might be wrong.... :lol:

Clive the problem with 80s is they don't leak enough. They're so dry underneath that they suffer. Rear output seal is easy to mend. Crank seal is a different deal.

Clive the problem with 80s is they don't leak enough. They're so dry underneath that they suffer. Rear output seal is easy to mend. Crank seal is a different deal.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist with the seals. :lol:

Mine is pretty dry, nothing from the engine, but there’s very slight “dust-collecting” type weeps from the transfer box output and on both diffs, but there’s no drips from anywhere.

Amazing really, after 430k km.

The only real leaks I’ve had have been from the PS, where originally, every component that could leak, leaked like a sieve.

That’s all sorted now, dry as a bone.

This one says rare - and it is!
Jap import 24v auto. Very nice. Two owners 100k, solid back windows, sunroof, cloth interior, swing out carrier. Just wants a rack and a tent and you're good to go. In white so it stays cool in the sun etc etc. If this was closer I'd go for a look just for the hell of it. Price dropped today I think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-L...985528?hash=item2601aebab8:g:vxsAAOSwuWJasT7I

Back