Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Fuel Gauge Sender units

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Just a quickie, does anyone know if the fuel gauge sender unit on a petrol 80 fuel tank is the same as the one on a diesel?

Thanks in advance...

Perhaps look up the part numbers for both and see if they are the same?

just the sender itself or the whole assembly Clive? Pretty sure a petrol 80 has an in tank pump which may mean there are differences in the whole assembly but not necessarily just the sender part.

just the sender itself or the whole assembly Clive? Pretty sure a petrol 80 has an in tank pump which may mean there are differences in the whole assembly but not necessarily just the sender part.

Mm, I thought it would get complicated :lol:

I saw a complete unit for a diesel on eBay, I forget the price, maybe £180 or something.

Trouble is, I'm in Qatar and thought I could buy one cheaper here, but everything is petrol.

I need the rheostat bit, my dash gauge is static around the mid way mark, but the low warning light still works.

Can you source one in the UK at a sensible price and have it delivered next time you have visitors?

Can you source one in the UK at a sensible price and have it delivered next time you have visitors?

Well, it's an option Jon, but I thought that while I was in Land Cruiser land....

There are still loads of 80s here, with no rust :lol: 100s everywhere as well as 200s and fjs, it's like being in heaven, apart from the dust and nothing much else.

Parts are cheap here too, I've just got the problem that they're all petrol's. A local guy is going to take me on a small tour of suppliers on Saturday, so I'll see what they can offer.

Thanks anyway...

:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I so nearly wrote 'send me over a nice V8 Hundee' there Clive but I just stopped myself in time. I just don't have the budget…or the drive space. :icon-cry:

I so nearly wrote 'send me over a nice V8 Hundee' there Clive but I just stopped myself in time. I just don't have the budget…or the drive space. :icon-cry:

The purchase prices are very attractive a Rich, trouble is you've got import duties, technical compliance complications and above all LHD to deal with!!

Prices are between 50% and 70% UK prices and there's no rust, only dust!

Back