Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Rescued by 90!!!!!

Tommo&Claire

Garage
80 with MT's, front, centre and rear diffs locked..... going nowhere fast!!

Image0135.jpg

Relax, the 90 saves the day...

Image0136.jpg

Don't panic 80 owners, another 80 just drove straight through the mud with no problems. The 90s did not even try it :twisted:

Someone has to stick up for the 80s, we were outnumbered!!

How do you know its not an 80 towing the 90 ;)

Cheers by the way Steve :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No problem Andrew, you know me and a challenge. Got to keep these 90 owners in their place :D

Yes, I can well imagine :mrgreen: I don't see a Pinzgauer added to your signature, so I assume you didn't manage to recover it?
Did Crispin make it off the damp lawn this time or did you guys leave him there? Haven't seen him online yet... :roll:

We did not go to the "damp" area as it was deamed too challenging by the group :twisted: Rather embarrisingly I left what was left of the group as they were heading to the flat lawn area, I had a loose bolt on my front panhard rod and did not bring my socket set.

STUCK? Are you sure? Was it in gear? Surely that pic must have been AFTER it was recovered?

Well done 90! See, we rock. Tommo, does that mean that Les has finally be reunited with his jack attachment? See if you had taken that TBR winch mount off me last week, that glory could have been all yours.

C :lol:

Andrew Prince said:
Yes, I can well imagine :mrgreen: I don't see a Pinzgauer added to your signature, so I assume you didn't manage to recover it?
Did Crispin make it off the damp lawn this time or did you guys leave him there? Haven't seen him online yet... :roll:

After everyone left Tony, Ian and myself decided to go find Kiwi Hill. After much hunting on memory map (no paper maps for me thank) we found it.
Ian then decided he had to leave because, urm, he had a hair appointment (Ian can explain if he wishes :twisted: ) Tony and myself set off.
We found "my" patch of lawn, drove on it and effortlessly drove away. Tony repeated the exercise behind me just to embarrass me.

Very happy with the tyres. The ride is much nicer now that I have deflated them to 30PSI :D

Was a fun day out. Lots of mud, truck looks white / grey now. In for a service next week, Mr-T will not be happy with me.

Oh, and I have lumps of mud on my sunroof. While there was no floating involved, there was a tanker worth of water / mud / silt washed over the car.
When a lifted 80 says "Careful chaps, there's a bit of a ditch in there" you know everyone else is about to drown...

Sorry to the guys how could not make it :(

Pictures please chaps :)

You see us 90's just quietly trundle around plodding along unassumingly going places that the rest don't (the green oval), we slip under the radar and nobody notices us......but as soon as we pop our heads over the parapet ..........the world ends :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anyway we couldn't have a go there was an 80 in the way :lol: :cool:

Steve

Yeah, we found Kiwi hill, and I enjoyed the descent using the DAC, impressive bit of kit that is.

Anyway here's a similar picture taken on tip of Kiwi hill of Crispin:

820824998_SKd5F-M.jpg

More to come later

Lets not forget that i was not the first person to be rescued that day ;)

Back