Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series Brake hose kit.

Jmacd

Country Flag
uk
Does anyone know where I can buy a complete hose kit for an 80 Serise with ABS 1997?
I can find people selling individual hoses but not all seven hoses.
I need to change all mine abut am not near the truck at the moment to measure up.
Or pipe sizes and union sizes would work as well.
Thanks

Does anyone know where I can buy a complete hose kit for an 80 Serise with ABS 1997?
I can find people selling individual hoses but not all seven hoses.
I need to change all mine abut am not near the truck at the moment to measure up.
Or pipe sizes and union sizes would work as well.
Thanks

I am looking for the same thing. Recently bought a set of four flexi brake pipes from Roughtrax for my 80 but they did not fit properly. I have written to them but not heard back yet. So at least you could avoid that option...

EDIT . Roughtrax refunded me for the hoses, so excellent customer service from them.

Have just seen these advertised:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braided-B...832501?hash=item3f74854c35:g:la8AAOxy63FS3SOI

As they make them to order I suspect they would make you a set with the two extended hoses at a normal length if you prefer. I don't know what these lines are like personally. So please let me know what you think if you decide to give them a go.Their feedback looks good...

Byron

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the language setting to work in English on that site, but no luck. Embarrassed to say, I don't speak French :icon-redface:

It doesn't work. The worst thing about Off Road Attitude is their site.

Leigh will answer your English emails and is 51% Irish and 49% British :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My Laptop/Google/Windows (whichever) translated it automatically for me

Have you looked at HEL performance Byron? I've not used them myself but some friends building race cars/drifting professionally use them and highly recommend them and their customer service.

They do both a 6 and 7 hose kit for the 80 or custom hoses to order
http://auto.helperformance.com/auto#kit_manufacturer=963&kit_model=976

Hi Mark

Yes I have a couple of sets from Hela.

The problem with Roughtrax hoses was that the locating pin was out of place and the other end did not fit into the oval bracket on the axle. Hela solved these problems by not providing a locating pin and making the axle fitting circular - so it fitted into the bracket but could rotate :wtf:.

I also asked Hela to make the two body to axle hoses 50mm longer. They made all six hoses 50mm longer. When I moaned about this they sent me another set exactly the same :icon-eek:. That is why I have two sets, one is on my green 80 (Elsie). So I can make the hoses work but had to mess about to fix them in place. The hoses themselves are well made - they just don't fit very well. Though the web site I used was not the one you linked to so perhaps I should have a word with them... Heck I may even get a set from Japan :icon-biggrin:.

Back