Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Bumper

On the contrary Rosy, there's nothing much wrong with that that a rattle can couldn't sort out. If it's what you want (protruding nose type) then it looks well worth a punt.

Might be a relative of mine selling it as my ancestors came from Portland. :)

@StarCruiser good point, i didn't pick up on the long nose... out of curiosity, would ,that not make it easier to access and operate a winch (as opposed to one where the winch is concealed within the bumper)?

Looks like a "world of bumpers" item to me which might help you do a price comparison against new .

@StarCruiser good point, i didn't pick up on the long nose... out of curiosity, would ,that not make it easier to access and operate a winch (as opposed to one where the winch is concealed within the bumper)?
Correct there Rosy. For me, its just a little too exposed, me being a bit picky on how things look is all. If it's what you want (and I'm not saying there's anything wrong in that) and you are happy with a winch out front then happy days, really. It's a more straightforward fit I would have thought.

What's important to me is that the remote plug and clutch control are easily accessed.

Because it's protruding it doesn't mean these things are accessible, it took a while for me to re-position the remote socket even though I have the winch forward of the chassis ends.

Often, the solenoid pack holds the remote socket, but you can detach it and make a more accessible mount for it, with just a simple extension to the command wires.

Way to go IMO is a dash switch to operate the winch, I want my unused aerial switches wired up, but I'll get someone else to do that for me.

The ultimate would be a switched solenoid activated clutch as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Karl has some that are very similar to that but a lot better price. I have one on my 80 sorry best photo I can find at the moment.DSC_0061.JPG

Thanks stu.
I have a new prototype one that I've just collected as well

thanks for the photo @stumog, that does seem a pretty good fit.

@StarCruiser @clivehorridge I must admit, I do like the understated look of the steel bumper sans loops.

Even toyed with getting one of the Slee short bus ones over from the US before reason set in.

@karl webster, whats new on the prototype?

upload_2016-11-19_19-22-46.png

It's more of a filled in bumper.
Personally I like it.
I'll get a photo soon as I can

I have the same bumper, good and strong. Paid £300 for mine 9 years ago.

Back