80 Series Fibre Glass Wings.

Would anyone be interested in them ?

• yeahh

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • noo waste of your time

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

willthompson

Anyone that is restoring or doing some form of body work on there 80 series will after some time be removing the wings. You might be thinking you have a solid truck and they are in decent condition like myself only to take them off and realise there rotten or some of you can visually see there done for.
You may try your look at a breaker only for them to send you one that has been badly fixed and not as described or you may ring your local Toyota dealer to see if you can get you one.
While restoring my 80 i believe there is a gap in the market for a wing replacement kit,

My end goal would be to produce a fibre glass wing kit that would be the following
o/s wing x1
n/s wing x1
9046711028 wing retainers x12
9166160616 retainer bolts x12
9011906159 wing bonnet bolts x14
5387860010 front wing spacer x2
9011906142 wing spacer bolt x4
£tbc

For the time being i would just be selling 2x wings with holes for 24v flares at the cost of £320 + p&p.
In the future they would have holes for both 12v/24v plus all oem mounting hardware as above but for the time being it would just be the wings, There will also be an option just to purchase one single wing.

From what i can gather there has been nothing made like this for the 80, companies in America and Australia have made fibre glass wings for Hilux's/Tacoma's & 4runners etc to make them look like Trophy trucks but nothing for stock 80's.

Is it worth my time, would anyone be interested ?
To put it into perspective i have spent just short of £800 for a pair of new wings from Toyota, the dealer i got them from told me 12v have been discontinued and 24v where showing no stock anywhere and a possible waiting time of 2/4 months he was convinced that they had all gone but with some luck he managed to get some.

When the breakers run out, with out going to Australia or somewhere dry where are we going to get solid wings from ?

Could you offer an option for those of us that don’t have flares? If so, I’d definitely be interested.

I know that there are a couple of French companies that offer fibreglass bonnets for the 80, though I don’t know if they offer other panels. I’ll see if I can find any info later and report back.

Could you offer an option for those of us that don’t have flares? If so, I’d definitely be interested.
I know that there are a couple of French companies that offer fibreglass bonnets for the 80, though I don’t know if they offer other panels. I’ll see if I can find any info later and report back.

possibly... i would much prefer to keep it simple... The moulds are going to cost me quite a bit of money so i would have to either be making them with or without and then drilling the holes or providing a stencil for you to drill your own which was my idea for the 12v to begin with until i get my foot in the door where i could possible do lots of different options. I would personally choose to have them filled when you had them painted....

yes that would be great cheers.

Someone in Belgium sells fiberglass inner and outer front fenders, but I don't think they ship it anywhere. Only collect I guess.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back