Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series front disc rotors

mettisse

Supporter
just watched a y tube video from 4wd action on upgrading the brakes on a double cab something and I was interested in the brake parts he uses to increase the braking efficiency. At the moment I’m on the cusp of a little upgrade myself, when I apply my brakes there is a gentle “pulsing” which obviously means a warped disc somewhere, so I will be having a close look at each disc with the idea of replacement. So, back to the video, the company is Bendix and they claim to have made a big improvement with the products they sell, my thoughts are to go with a complete hydraulic oil change in the system ( well overdue) examine the braided hoses already fitted and obviously replace as needed, new disc rotors on the front ( and pads) and the rears if required, my questions are, has anyone here had experience with Bendix “ upgrades” where are they sold, my search at the moment only reveals Eblag Oz which will be ok if that is the source and if the product warrants it.
However, I’m open to other suggestions as often alternatives are equal to the job, any input is very welcome and appreciated.
This vehicle is a semi daily drive, long distance touring overlander and tow vehicle for our froader, so an upgrade, (although I’ve never thought “ these brake are rubbish” ) might be nice.
Best regards to all, Billy Westley

I've been using Bendix brakes for many years on my Ford AU Ute and do not have a problem with them and have recently put Bendix pads on the cruiser and they seem good.. I will also be interested in seeing the replies and info on the video of which I watched the other day.. I have already done a fluid change and upgraded the brake hoses to braided instead of the standard rubber hoses. I'm setting my cruiser up for a daily driver with fun on the weekends but not too extreme.

For years in my kerbside cowboy days Ferodo were my go to make of friction materials, then they became increasingly hard to find in standard road going form, and seemed to concentrate more on racing materials, unless their factory strike many years ago in North Wales ended badly leading to stopping normal production.

More recently i've been using Brembo friction materials and discs, and have found them to have that lovely soft progressive feel that made Ferodos so good, with serious bite once you need them more urgently.

All the cars in the family fleet now have them, all have improved braking and were already well maintained vehicles, wear rates seem good.

Eurpocarparts normally stock them, and when they have an online sale the prices are very good, unless you know somewhere else apart from the usual online sellers some of which i'm none too sure about mind due to ridiculously cheap prices of high brand oils etc...examples of too good to be true or what?

Back