Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series front screen. UK? HELP!

Jon_Tallis

Country Flag
wales
Does anyone know where I can get a front screen for a '97 Amazon? I need to take mine out to sort some corrosion under the seal. My screen has a slight crack in one corner so I'm not going to risk taking it out unless I know I can get a replacement. Local windscreen guy can't find one anywhere and I recall someone on here saying they just had the last one in the UK.
Anybody?
Breaker?

I just did a quote with Autoglass online using my vehicle details, '98 Amazon 80 and they confirmed they could change it.

Had mine changed by an independent windscreen company in the spring....
Some tint /colour combinations are not available but he sourced the correct screen no problem ...
Word of warning...... be very selective over who you get to fit it..... they must follow the FSM instructions or it will leak.....fit a new rubber when doing the job also .... any scratch on your newly painted surround will start rusting again....

I had Autoglass do mine too. They said use the old rubber - even though I had a new one. Basically said that old one would be a better fit as it had been used. Anyway, it leaked. Only a bit. But it leaked. They didn't use butyl sealant - the first time. Then they came back and sealed it with a nozzle that I made for them and then it sealed. I think if is was doing it again, I'd use a new rubber and good non setting butyl sealant right from from the start. I wanted to use a local guy, but insurance said no. Had to be Autoglass.

Thanks all for the Intel. I've tried Richard at Pembrokeshire Windscreens who has done great work on obscure vehicles for me in the past but he drew a blank. Will try Autoglass.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you can, it's worth putting some calipers on the new screen and the old one. Some replacements are thinner and it's never going to seal in the rubber if that's the case.

Will do. I'll try and re-use the old screen if I can but will fit a new runner regardless. Just had a quote from Autoglass £675!!!

Pilkingtons list screens for old LC'c or, worst case scenario, they can make one for just about anything.

have you tried your main dealer jon?

Last edited:
+1 still listed on toyodiy for $346 part no. 56111-60110 Not sure what FRF in H/West are like, but the parts dept. at FRF Swansea usually good on price, Carmarthen not so much.

We'll as it turns out, best price is from the main dealer (FRF in Haverfordwest), £215 for the screen and £97 for the seal. Wasn't expecting that! Thanks for the Intel guys....

Second for Chris. New rubber and non drying BUTYL Sealer is defo the way to go.

Back