Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series interior step nuts

Shayne

Guru
80 interior rear step nuts , I’m assuming they are something fancy and I can’t find them to buy ?

3A58C0C8-5E93-45D8-B4AE-81C8BBB113B6.jpeg

I can’t see the retaining pins that should be welded to the floor and protruding through the holes in the carpet in your photo Shayne, are they still there?
If not it’s a waste of time trying to buy the nuts, they’re plastic with a coin-sized slot in the top to spin them onto the “threaded” pins.
TBH it’s a waste of time getting them anyway, there’s almost no strength in them, I bought 4 for 2 quid, proving they’re not genuine, and the thread snapped out in them as soon as any pressure was put on them.
I’d go for some rivnuts in the floor and a skinny bolt with a mini penny washer.... must have a go at that myself one day...

Don't tell anybody but i was actually vacuuming the carpet when i remembered these so the studs are there and the carpet is just lifted . I got the steps with the truck but i've never seen them fitted .

Thanks Towpack that reminds me of being ordered to fix the springs on her kangoo boots

D551A94D-B6F5-4BB4-89C5-12BB047D6BB6.jpeg

Bit of double sided HD velcro maybe?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used some of these I had in the garage, put a bit of butyl tape in them as not a perfect thread size. Push on and hold perfectly.
Easy to remove when needed too.

Screenshot_20210424-091717_Google.jpg

I use loads of those, they're brilliant little fixings.

Says something that i want them tidy so adult passengers might be more inclined to respect the truck (keep things tidy) the toddlers take rubbish with them :crazy:

That's mine. They won't screw on that's why I put butyl in which holds them.
The plastic ones broke when I was having all the grief with the fuel tank and it had been apart a few times.
Needs a good hoover and general clean! Hasn't been washed for a couple of months!

20210424_180410.jpg

Back