Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Land Cruiser/ LX450 Parking Brake Repair

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Guys recently came across this guy who has plenty of useful videos for the 80 series that may be helpful to others here. I know others have said they have had handbrake issues over the years so this may be a good watch.

Enjoy

That's a really good rebuild and refirb video. Now you need to go to the sticky on how to adjust it so that it actually works. But it's vital that the mech is on good order like that one before you make a start.

I’ve recently acquired a UK spec 80 series disc-brake rear axle assembly, complete, to replace the stock drum-brake axle it was originally built with.
Recon I’m going to need to brush up on how to get these things to work, judging by the number of posts about adjusting them :lol:

Good video Dervis, thanks for posting.

First step for me is to replace parts that look worn and those that won’t break the bank as routine replacements, such as wheel bearings, drive-shaft oil seals, the discs probably, and some recon calipers. It was bought diffless, so mine will be going in when we swap.

It’s stripped bare at the sand blasters at the moment, so after a coat of paint and new bits, we should be ready for the exchange.

Back