Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Landcruiser: 1,000,000km on original petrol engine

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Saw this on LCOOL and had to share it. His is petrol and driven mainly on roads but if my truck does half this I'll be proud :clap: . The last owners took my truck through Northern Kenya too and that seems the equivalent of a 50 ciggies a day for a cruiser as Matt is finding out [mine had the front axle pretty much replaced]

The stuff legends are made of

One LandCruiser. One engine. One million kilometres.

Toyota LandCruiser's reputation for Quality, Durability and Reliability was further cemented when a LandCruiser 80 Series Wagon clicked over a million kilometres on the original engine.

Colin Muddle bought his 80 Series in 2004 and racked up kilometres collecting and delivering caravans for a living. He leaves his Brisbane home unloaded and returns from Melbourne with a new caravan hitched to his 4WD.

"It's running smoothly - it just purrs along," Colin says. "The gearbox, dif and transfer case - I've never had a fault. I change the oil and filter every 10,000km and rotate the tyres every 20,000km."

This proud Toyota owner stopped delivering caravans for a second to take photos of the car at 999,999km and then again when it ticked over to show six zeros.

LandCruisers of the past paving the way into the future
Recently voted carsales.com.au 'People's Choice - Australia's most sought after large SUV' for the seventh consecutive year, the story of the LandCruiser goes back over five decades. It's a true Australian icon, proving itself to generations of drivers in some of the toughest, most challenging terrain known to man.

Today the LandCruiser 200 Series builds upon this rich history and employs the latest technology including hefty V8 engines, a full time 4WD system and Vehicle Stability Control to keep the tradition alive.

In 2010, LandCruiser Wagon was the best-selling large SUV, dominating the large SUV segment with a record market share of 73.8% in Australia.

Re: 80 Series Landcruiser: 1,000,000km on original petrol en

Very interesting. :thumbup:

:clap: :D

nice.....

How can he be sure it's not been round the clocks before? :clap:

Back