Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series- LPG vs Diesel?

Jalex

Garage
Hi guys, I am sure you have all argued this many times but I would like your advice.
i have an 06 100 4.2td vx with 65,000 miles, I am strongly considering selling this and getting an good 80. (Firstly is that a bit mad?)
I have a couple of 80s that I use on our farm and I love them, they are used and abused daily, they just don't stop. the 100 is a mighty vehicle, beauty to drive, so smooth and tows brilliantly, but there is just something so cool about an 80 and so much that can be done.
my query is do I go for for a manual diesel or an auto lpg?
One of my 80s is an OZ import 4.5 lpg manual and has no where near the towing power of my 24 valve diesel maybe the uk ones are better?
i have an lpg tank at home so lpg is costing about 60p/l which brings down the running costs if lpg, just to confuse it further.
And is the auto box in the 80 much less refined than the 100?

thoughts please.

Nothing mad about choosing a vehicle you like over supposedly newer improved versions . With regards to your other questions i've always labelled vehicles either a monday car/bike or a friday car/bike . Identical vehicles can often seem entirely different from each other for no definable reason , hence if i like it i say it must have been built on a friday when everyones getting paid and looking forward to a weekend party . If i dont like it then it was obviously built on a monday when the partys over , all the money is spent and everyone has a hangover .

With that in mind i'd say you will only find the one you want by test driving as many as possible .

it's got to be a 24v manual diesel everytime,the latter the better

If you want to tow really heavy stuff and drive about on farms get a diesel, that's where they belong. Otherwise get a petrol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back