Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series petrol or diesel

There's about a 100 people on the forum looking for a clean 80.

Happy hunting.

They are out there but you have to be quick, prepared to travel and know what you're looking for. Not setting too many 'must haves' is a good start. If you tighten the search parameters too much, it does make life quite tricky.

Yep. what you're buying there is an easy life.

Thanks All. Yes, I have seen that one on ebay. The MOT history put me off a bit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's not enough there to put me off, just picky things. No where does it mention corrosion to body, chassis or major components, ie the important issues concerning 80 series potential purchase.

Just needs 4 new tyres and a good thrash up the motorway according to the advisories on the last MOT.... Does surprise you 'tho' that he's asking over 12 grand and advertised as Excellent,......... But needs 4 new tyres.

In the scheme of things tyres are nowt of an issue, I suppose its preference for manual vs auto, 12v vs 24v, trim level etc etc.
If you want a really good one ie rust free you need to go to foreign climes, don't forget, the newest ( built 97 sold in 98) are old old vehicles.

You have to really want an 80 bad to pay what some people are asking for them, especially on garage forecourts. I guess the upward trend in values is good for those that already own one but I'd have to think very carefully before spending 5 figures on one, much as I admire the model. There must be some good 100's out there for that money.

Mmmmn, they do seem to have become a " must have" model. There is always a note on the Cruiser FB forums for 80's wanted.
90% of 100's are rusty underneath so finding one which is not a future money pit is just as much of a challenge (look at mine and its only done 111k)

When will the trend Peak???? Im waiting for the point, When to start considering selling mine, Before the trend Falls and they are worth 'Nowt'....... But im guessing they dont actually sell for the sometimes Mental asking price...

When will the trend Peak???? Im waiting for the point, When to start considering selling mine, Before the trend Falls and they are worth 'Nowt'....... But im guessing they dont actually sell for the sometimes Mental asking price...
what would you replace it with higgy?

If you get a good Belingo it will be a good thing. My pal Al ( who a few on here know) has one and swears by it. You have to get one with the right engine apparently.

Higgy, they will never be worth " nowt", like anything in short supply.

For me it really doesnt matter what there worth. I will always own a number of them. I'll prob have to move the odd one on at some point but there will always be an everyday on the drive.

Joking apart, It was just something i have considered since loosing the workshop at the Marina... I no longer work with the heavy stuff, ie Trailers/ Horse Boxes/ Shifting boats/ Welding etc etc.. I just pootle in my Shed with my re kindled passion with Motor bikes.... The 80 has been sat on the Drive for a week now and has never moved. When im repairing the fences for the horses, I can do that with anything (Citroen Belingo Van), I love everything about My 80, But like i said it is something iv considered, I get folk making me offers all the time, One day someone will make the right offer....But it would have to be a good offer. :think:

Higgy. You wouldnt believe the ammount of times I've heard that over the years from customers. I always try and talk them out of it if they try and sell me a truck. 98% of time they regret selling them and by the time the money has been spent they cant replace them .

Back