Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series with LPG conversion

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
All

Have been on the missing list as you are aware. Following recovery from ankle op #2 I have been flat out with work so any cars/projects I had have been parked up.
Found that my 80 (pretty standard one) was not really suitable for the way I work so I (reluctantly) bought a pickup truck as I didn't want her getting trashed. She has been parked up since which is not good.
So she has to go :(

She is a 97P with 175k on the clock. 4.5 auto with LPG conversion.
Colour code 6M1 Emerald green Pearl with cream leather.
8 seats.
Dry !!
I have had all the wheelarch extensions off and pro painted, the rest of the body has been pro polished, belying her years.
By next week I should have both standard bumpers back on the car - the front has been repainted in body colour.
I replaced the skinny tyres with the correct sized 275/70/16 BFG - all five of them (spare is in the boot re:lpg).
The LPG kit I have documents for, it is a decent sized underslung tank, I will dig them out and post more detail along with some pictures asap. It has the decent flashlube system installed.
LED lights fitted all over including HID's (done by Overland Cruisers)
The truck will have 12 months MOT, and of course be untaxed re:new DVLA rules
She has an intermittent misfire - I have swapped the dizzy cap for a spare with no joy but it will need someone to tinker with it, however I was using it daily up to the purchase of my pickup.
There is some history with the truck, a bit from Overland Cruisers who did recent work for the previous owner before myself (a forum member) and also did last years MOT.
I fitted a very expensive DAB/Bluetooth double din audio system to the truck, if a prospective owner wants it we can negotiate that otherwise will refit standard one.

More details to follow. Please check back.
I am open to sensible offers as I really need the space desperately.

Edit - the lpg is Stako with a 95 litre tank (so around 80 litres fill), it was fitted and certificated in 2009. The valve lube system was fitted august 2012, approx mileage of 166k, the LPG system was also checked over and serviced at the time.
Current mileage is 174316

Edit #2 - I forgot to mention it has a very decent Clifford alarm fitted - I believe a Thatcham cat 1 one, although I have no paperwork other than a download of the booklet. 2 fobs. As far as I recall, and annoyingly I cannot find the old emails from when I bought it, About 2 years ago it had discs/pads and possibly some seals done at Overland - I seem to recall the invoice was £2k, but it was emailed and has gone following a hard drive crash.

I would be very open to someone taking her as she stands as I really do need the space for Mrs JB's replacement birthday present car (shhhhhhh!!!) which has been located. As long as the figures stack up of course.

Last edited:
hi johnny
i might be interested in this please get pictures up asap. Would also be interested in the rear bumper please post picture asa well.
cheers stu.

Stu
The only pics I currently have are diabolical in quality. I will move her out of parking space after tesco have been with the shopping (lol!!!!!) later on, give her a wash, then take some pictures. It will be bumper-less though as they are not yet fitted.
For clarity - the truck has two standard bumpers, waiting to be re-fitted. The front has been colour coded, as have the back corners (if the painter has done what I asked!!!). There is no additional/spare bumper.
Here is an interior one in the meantime showing it before it came to me.
View attachment 17261
It has since been valeted although needs a re-clean
View attachment 17262

Last edited:
:icon-cry:
She's sold guys, deposit taken.
New owner will be steered here of course, be nice to him!
I have a 120 with my name on it, so will be back as and when that happens.

Want to say thanks - you have all been helpful and supportive. Out of all the forums I am/have been a member of, this is up there with the best - in terms of being "level", non-judgemental, and above all helpful.
Cheers :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one mate glad she has gone. Just a shame the 80 didn't do what you wanted it to :(

Mate it was way better, hence the reason for sale. No need to trash it, have an L200 for that !!!

Back