Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series

mathaus

Hi guys, I am on the lookout for another 80 series but this time a 4.2 td. Must be in very good condition and well maintained with a good history. Mileage doesn't really matter as long as its been looked after. Colour not important either.
I would prefer a 24 valve but would consider a 12valve.

Cash waiting for the right vehicle.

Thanks
Matt

Good luck with your search Matt. Do post up any that you've looked at and dismissed as other members may be on the lookout too and appreciate any info.

I saw a nice one on the Land Cruiser Club Facebook page. It was fully tricked out with everything you need on it./ I think it was priced at £7995 in Wallasey.

Hi Guys, Ive discounted the GS model mainly due to lack of 3rd row seats and all seem to have silicone sealed sunroofs due to aftermarket sunroofs fitted to them by Toyota when new. They all seem to fail.

I would not discount anything based on sunroof failure. Largely that just people who don't know how to fix one or clean the drains properly. I have a GS with a working and dry after market sunroof. I had a leaking factory one and cured that. You just need to know where the hole is. Wink wink.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I believe there are two holes..;);)

2 holes are better than 1 (I’m told) but there’s 4 in fact, on a factory fit, does that get :icon-wink: :icon-wink: :icon-wink: :icon-wink: or am I being naive?
Four for sure clive..

ill be back in a bit.

Goes looking for the other two holes....

slap!! Oh dear....

What about modifications, are you looking for a standard or modified vehicle?

Hi Charlie

Im open to either but prefer standard. It will only be used as a daily and for family camping trips.

My current 80 has a small body lift and BFG A/T tyres and thats about it.

Ok I know its a GS with 5 seats and I said id ruled them out...but..this week ive been trying to get some info from the seller about this.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/toyota-lang-cruiser-4.2-24-valve-/1279034149

Its like getting blood from a stone.

He says its in good condition and the underneath is good. For some reason the speedo has been changed and its now in kph. No service history at all. 1 half of rear seat is missing and the rest of the interior is poor. But its up at £4650 so I was considering buying a train ticket to london to take a look.

I asked if the all the diff locks work and he doesnt know. He might check if he gets chance. 2 days later still hasnt checked. Does the air con work? Dont know.

The battery is dead and the exhaust is blowing badly.

4500 firm

I found an old advert from nov 17 where it was for sale for £1800 for export. It looked the same in the photo apart from the front bumper corner was missing. So I rang the previous seller. He wouldnt give me any info about it. Just said he was a trader who sold it on for export. If it was local id take a look but it all seems a little too dodgy to me so ill give it a miss

Doesn’t sound too appealing to chase in my opinion. I think around that sort of money you could do better maybe from a forum member in time.

Certainly you would need an expenienced eye or have someone go with you. I learnt that the hard way and paid the price sadly.

Good ones do come round for sale every so often just be patient and learn more to look out for.

Look forward to seeing your new ride soon.

All the best

My truck will be for sale soon... its a 1997 80 series, PM me for more details....

My truck will be for sale soon... its a 1997 80 series, PM me for more details....
I may sell mine due to new car purchase, a 1997 Landcruiser 80 Amazon GX in metallic green and silver. It has full service history, 180,000 miles, previous female owner had it about 17 years, I've had it 3 years and it's mainly been used by my wife to ferry my kids, IKEA trips etc.... I've just put 4 brand new 285 section BF Goodrich A/T tyres on it and it's recently had 2 new heavy duty batteries. I was thinking about putting it on eBay in a couple of weeks. £8000 firm, located in Fife, Scotland.

The search is over! I Came across a Landcruiser 90 at a great price that was too good to miss so I payed the man and collected it today. Well happy with it. 3 previous owners, 78000 miles and a near enough FSH. Drove it home 100 miles this afternoon and it pulled very well.

Ive got a few plans for it before I sell the Petrol 80 but its safely tucked away in the garage.

Thanks guys

Back