Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 VIEWING

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-L...-VX/143156740371?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144 Just been to view this.. Bare in mind i spoke to Him 2 weeks ago and he said it was off to the shop to have wheels refurbed and air con sorted...Well it was sat at the back of the forecourt with 2 flat tyres ( wheels not refurbed) covered in Moss.. Anyway got the keys and fired it up, engine sounded sweet and no smoke But dashboard lit up like a xmas tree, The only light that wasnt on was the handbrake light. Couldnt move it much because it was behind about 20 cars all gears seem to select ok Hi/Lo seem to engage Front and rear diff lock lights just flashing.. No rust to speak of/ only on wipers etc Turbo stickers faded and peeling... No air con belts... Shame really it just looked like it was shoved at the back and forgotten....Is it worth 10 grand... NO.. Engine sounded lovely.... Its been a long time since i heard that 6cyl rumble.

“... the last owner was an engineer with his own boat yard that kept it for 19years ...”

I would probably have kept schtum about that.
Spoke to him again last night.. He says Hes gonna keep it and do it up......"Erm arn't you trying to sell it as time warp/Immaculate on ebay for Ten grand"..... Now your doing it up.......I think it will sit in the nettles for a while longer ..... Shame!

Does anyone know why the dash board would be lit up, With the engine running Everything was on.. Is it a 80 thing or known gremlins in the 80... Just interested thats all..... I need to sound like i know what im talking about when i speak to him next:thumbup:

I've got the same problem until you dip the throttle, @Trevor is looking at it but I believe it's the alternator or the regulator not putting out enough voltage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It can also be a loose/corroded plug on the alternator.

Thanks for the suggestions.. Just a bit more ammo in me Gun... Thanks

“... the last owner was an engineer with his own boat yard that kept it for 19years ...”

I would probably have kept schtum about that.
I know most of the Marinas and boat yards round our way..But iv never seen this truck before.. But it could have come from anywhere before it ended up in Canterbury....Chassis and back end are very good. I dont think its had 19yrs of being dipped in the water on a slip way... Interior looks old but more or less unmarked...

Back