Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80s series at auction

The above link is to the results page and any cars sold will have a 'red stamp' under the reserve price, if not it didn't sell. From memory all cars sold have to be taken away by the end of Monday, not sure abut unsold lots so it might well still be there if you call them.

I tend to go with instinct and experience when buying a vehicle. Having all the MOT's whilst does not verify the true mileage, it does show at least there was a continuation of ownership, if the car was stolen for example it is unlikely the seller would have every MOT from new, they would have been passed down from previous owners.

Mine came with plenty of 'stuff' which is in a box somewhere, the most impressive piece though was a print out of service and repair history, is it fake who knows?

I look for things like odd tyres, or those fitted having a weird wear pattern, overspray in the door shuts. Vehicle bodywork has certain 'markers' that tell you if there has been a major collision, easy if you know where to look. And over years you get a feeling for how 'square' a car is.

I did have a customer ask me to check out a car in South London many years back, it was really clean......too clean. The respray was a pretty good one, fair it could have just covered the usual London motoring battle scars and scuffs.

Unfortunately it did not extend to under the car, it would have covered the the two completely different colours of two different cars welded together!

Regards

Dave

The auctioneer probably bid up to the reserve price so there may not have been a bid at that figure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well if anything the guy was finally true to his word. Lied quite a bit about it till then I’d say though.

£10-£13k bid or the auction house will have their own guy bid it up so it looks better but still won’t sell.
You predicted that well Bund. :clap:

It looks like a bit of a tart up, the tow bar including the ball and socket have all been sprayed! Why wouldn' you mask them off? If that had needed spraying then underneath would have the rust in it too. And why does it have cheap floor mats and the boot liner from a Colorado.
Even if it is low miles, due to the age all the rubber will still have perished like a 250k car.

Brilliant photographer though!

Even the guy i spoke to from the auction house said i think 14.5 was more than a fair bid. Add on the extras and someone would of been handing over close to 16k?

Reactions: THL
Back