Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
excellent condition. rust free.

includes new straps.

postage or drop off can be arranged.

£350

sub tank.jpg sub tank1.jpg

I fitted one of these. Really neat, all the extra fuel you'll ever really need in the civilised world and it allows you to keep your spare wheel underslung. Great with the straps. Just need the dual filler neck and hoses plus the solenoid bits and you're good to go.

Tidy!

I fitted one of these. Really neat, all the extra fuel you'll ever really need in the civilised world and it allows you to keep your spare wheel underslung. Great with the straps. Just need the dual filler neck and hoses plus the solenoid bits and you're good to go.

Tidy!

Hi Chris, as you don't run standard size tyres, do you know what is the maximum size you have underslung, I've always assumed my 35s won't fit underneath. Cheers.

Tidy!

Sorry.... should read as...

Hi Chris, as you don't run standard size tyres, do you know what is the maximum size you can have underslung, I've always assumed my 35s won't fit underneath. Cheers.

Errm
Not sure
I have a wheel carrier so haven't tried to put anything under there
A 35 does squeeze in I'm pretty sure but as mine are fat 35s they hang down a lot they're 315 wide
I know a 33 fits under there fine

A 33 fits underneath. Had 255/85r16 under with no issues.
A 35 fits but I found my exhaust was resting on the tyre (non standard exhaust). Width is your enemy as hangs down a fair bit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A 33 fits underneath. Had 255/85r16 under with no issues.
A 35 fits but I found my exhaust was resting on the tyre (non standard exhaust). Width is your enemy as hangs down a fair bit.
Has this sold yet ?

Typically they're 65 litres. I measured mine from completely empty at the pump. But generally I find that it's difficult to get the last few litres out before the pump starts scavenging. Work on 60 usable litres. In Russia, I ran on the back tank almost all of the time keeping the main 95L tank as the reserve. We just didn't know how much fuel there'd be so when that was empty, I'd stop and fill up. In the UK I get generally around 180 miles on that. Yes it's rubbish. But it's a big truck. As we toured through Europe I logged the range. Getting down to the Chunnel I filled up with super fuel rather than Tesco juice. I squeezed 200 miles dead. In Finland, where we were doing mostly A roads on the way back, I hit 240 miles (twice) on the same litres. Mostly around the 220 using standard forecourt diesel. In Russia it was hard to say given the terrain but I did experience some fuel starvation issues once I reached 55 mph. The truck regulalry hiccuped. This was on either tank which both had Dervski in them. As soon as I hit Finland and filled up, it cleared. The fuel filter was changed and it made no difference. No one else had an issue but I was the only 24valve. Go figure.

I have considered a long range tank, but there's trade offs. It's a lot of weight and they cost a lot. I concluded that it's more a convenience than anything and meaning you can plunder cheap diesel when you find it. But if you are in a convoy, your tank is effectively only as big as the smallest tank in the group unless you don't stop to fill up when they need to!!

The sub tank here is a great addition and doesn't affect the spare wheel carrier. I think it's a really good option unless you really are pushing deep into the Algerian interior. I had 40 L on the roof too and never used it.

Thanks Chris.

It's what I keep wrestling with. It is definitely more convenience and it would be amazing on long solo journeys not having to stop for fuel. The current best option I know if is the N4 180 litre long range tank that comes a complete kit for our UK 80s. But the price with fitting of those is very difficult to swallow (~£2650.) The tank alone is around the £1800 mark, I'm fairly sure I could fit this myself over a couple of weekends but I really lack the time to do it. I'm still tempted though even at that high price.

Ahh, but there's a difference between having to refuel and having to drive without stopping. If you don't stop every couple of hours for a pee and another coffee then it becomes a race not a holiday!

Definitely. I should have been more clear on when I meant by stop :)

Back