Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

83mm Hole Saw

Andrew Prince

Following my new acquisition, I will need an 83mm hole saw. As I am not planning to cut more than one 83mm hole in the foreseeable future, I'd rather borrow than buy a saw if anyone has one bouncing around.

Obviously I will cover postage to and from you (or collect if you're in the SW London/Surrey vicinity).

Cheers,

EDIT: I see hole saws are pretty cheap - postage back and forth is probably more expensive :think: I don't particularly want to buy a hole saw to use it once and it add it to my collection of tools never to be used again... I'll leave this post for a while in case there is someone local to me with a suitable saw, and order in a day or 2 if nothing comes up :mrgreen:

I have one that you are welcome to borrow :D

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8303

Happy to post to you & you post back or I could bring to Lincomb or my wife works in London so there may be a possibility there :)

You decide, but as you say they are not that expensive, particualy if you already have the arbour & pilot drill :)

I need one too. What do I need to know about hole saws and arbours before I go and buy anything?

Well I ordered one today - figured it was easier than having Steven post his to me and me post back or handover at Lincomb. You're welcome to use mine when I'm done as you're not too far from me. Hoping to get it early next week in time for Lincomb.... but the holidays might mess up the delivery!

Thanks. I might take you up on that. I have enough to keep me busy this weekend: 2 UJ's, 1CV, gear oil change, garden, put GSXR back together, get DRZ through MOT...

:thumbup: For sure it wouldn't be this weekend anyway ;) Hopefully I can get it done early next week!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Said it before in other posts, but get some spray cutting lube and have a slave spray it onto the teeth as you cut. The teeth should be resting on the top and bottom of the cut to give you the right angle into the wing. Spraying stops it 'jagging' and ripping the wing, plus it cools and also preserves the teeth on the tool.
Even some white grease or WD would be better than nothing. Don't cut it dry.
Chris

drill lots of little holes and join them up to make one big one instead :)

And for goodness sake measure three times. Before you drill. Then have a cup of tea / coffee and get your wife to verify your markings!!!

And drill slowly

And paint the holes with rust bullet or similar.

And I'm sure you know all this already - good luck!!

Back