Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

86 lj 70 loud click from rear axle

rfwj

Country Flag
united_states
I have an 86 lj 70 and I had the rear brakes fixed thinking it would fix a loud click that happens after running for 5 minutes. Now I think it is something from the rear axle or something. Can a rear bearing click sometimes. I really thought the rear brakes were the issue but I think not. what other things can click back there?

I will check. My buddy seems to think the e brake cable spring is getting caught.

I have the same problem now see here

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIfaKTWxD8Wx2S3QeErOWigp5-NEfLDTki0KAy-f5a14_SjM87LA.jpg

Somebody has gone to the trouble of replacing all the handbrake springs bits and washers only to leave the old bar indicated by the top red line in place . I tried bending it back into shape but its corroded and not strong enough so straightens out allowing the spring cap to catch the rear of the wheel studs .

Had to buy the whole bloody kit to get that one bit because the last guy couldn't be bothered :icon-rolleyes:

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/karsons-rear-handbrake-shoe-fitting-kit.html

I reckon you might well be on to something there Shayne. Well done with the detective work on that! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I swapped my bits about I had to put the old one back in as the new one didn't want to go through the hole.

Maybe the last fella had the same problem ? its in and done Nick , Roughtrax kit from Karsons .

Back