Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 Series Body makeover

Ollie

Country Flag
uk
Hi, is it possible to swap the headlights on a 5 door UK 90 series to the type I see on some foreign models? ie a round light in a black housing, as opposed to the full width light units that I have?

Also, the moulded panels on the doors. If I remove them will the doors be like the models I see without them? I realise I'd have to change/modify the bumpers but I intend to fit a heavy duty one on the front anyway.

I just like the look of the narrow body ones and thought it'd be fun to modify mine a bit.

Ollie

I think the body mouldings clip into the panels, so you'd have holes to fill at least. Not sure if underneath they'd be the same shape as narrowbody panels but it's likely as it would have been cheaper to use the same pattern.

I think the body mouldings clip into the panels, so you'd have holes to fill at least. Not sure if underneath they'd be the same shape as narrowbody panels but it's likely as it would have been cheaper to use the same pattern.
Cheers. That's pretty much what I thought, just wanted to hear it from someone else before I wade in a pull the mouldings off. Still like to find out about those lights though. I'm pretty sure they'd fit straight in but need to find where to get some. Got some good plans for this truck :)

I totally agree that narrow-bodied cars look better BTW, but I would say that! The ones with plastic nappies can be made to look a whole lot better with wheel spacers though to bring the tyres a bit further out.

Back