Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 Series project or donor vehicle

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Noticed this 90 series has been sitting around for a while up near Rampton Hospital (Retford). Checked on GOV website and it looks that its been offroad since 2016 if anyone is looking for a project or donor car. Looks like its been used as a storage container. Garage details in photo.

Attachments

• 20210109_154236.jpg
    20210109_154236.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 73
You'd wonder why it's off the road so long.. must imagine its rear end rust.. mine got repaired but with a nearly grand bill, which most people would not be willing to put into a truck of that age. But I'm not most people, and well... you understand

+1. You'd be surprised how many people are in the 'most people club', Bob.
Carrying on with jobs that we know may sometimes cost more than the vehicle is worth, in time, money and aggravation, when all around are saying scrap it. Those 2 words are sometimes the push we need to carry on and prove them wrong.

There was a 90 seemingly abandoned inside a garage compound in this town for i don't know how long but a couple of years before i inquired only to be told they sent the gearbox off for repair and it got lost :wtf:

I can only guess the trucks owner didn't have the money to take legal action nor the temperament to resolve the matter old school :violence-axechase:

+1. You'd be surprised how many people are in the 'most people club', Bob.
Carrying on with jobs that we know may sometimes cost more than the vehicle is worth, in time, money and aggravation, when all around are saying scrap it. Those 2 words are sometimes the push we need to carry on and prove them wrong.

Given that most of us run trucks that are, on average, around 20 years old, some even as daily drivers - many, if not all of us, are in the "not most people" club. :icon-wink: :cool:

Had a chuckle to myself today as the cruiser went for its annual test (MOT type). Being that there are countless posts here about how to sort the piffling handbrake on these trucks, I've always just set both sides up by feel with the adjuster, and kept the crank mechanism free. Look at it once a year before the test. Handbrake imbalance this time was..... 1.3%. Chuffed I was!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Noticed this 90 series has been sitting around for a while up near Rampton Hospital (Retford). Checked on GOV website and it looks that its been offroad since 2016 if anyone is looking for a project or donor car. Looks like its been used as a storage container. Garage details in photo.
Love the color of the car! I wanted mine to be in that color but (unfortunately) it's silver.

I hate silver too, but it's brilliant for hiding scratches from green laning.

Live update: they are storing junk and old tyres on the roof as well now.

Back