Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series suspension kit

I can recommend Pedders - very happy with mine, on and off but went to HD springs on front due to winch bar and soon to be winch

If "paperwork" is needed, then go Trailmaster or OME
I`d choose the first for a 90 TBH

Hello guys, I have a question regarding suspension lift. My Prado is completely stock, it is very shaky on bad road, not comfortable at all, does that change with the lift? I am looking for a softer ride.

Depends entirely on what suspension you opt for , i can vouch for a Monroe 2" lift i got from roughtrax if its comfort you want .

My Pedders 2" lift is far to firm to ever be called comfortable .

Last edited:
Depends entirely on what suspension you opt for , i can vouch for a Monroe 2" lift i got from roughtrax if its comfort you want .

My Pedders 2" lift is far to firm to ever be called comfortable .

+1 on that Shayne. I put Pedders on the Black Collie and ruined the ride, it was one of the reasons I let it go.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Roughtrax s Monroe 2” kit uses pedders springs now. So far there doing great on my latest North Africe jaunt

Rough suspension could be just old springs and dampers. Try replacing it with new stuff.

It is firm on good quality roads, it almost steers like my company car(ford fiesta), but on rough surface it is very rough :))

Lift and off road kits tend to be firmer so will make it worse. I still reckon new oe will smoothen the ride. Old stuff just wont react the same. Otherwise ome is comfy on mine but more pricey

But easiest way to smoothe the ride is to lower your tyre pressures. That way no cost to suspension at all.

Back