Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series transfer box

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I am after a transferbox for my 3.0 d4d auto. Good used condition in the UK. No rattle can recons. I will rebuild my worn box over time if I can find a replacement to get me by.

I am based in Northamptonshire.

Thanks
Dan

Just a thought Danny, if you have to get one from a breaker get one off a truck without a tow bar. It will be in such better condition.

I dread to enter into this convo but i have an auto transfer box here , its untested and the seller said he bought because he had problems and was then told his front diff had gone so replacing that instead solved the problem and the t-box was never fitted .

I bought it because it was close and because i expect to have to strip my manual transfer box so took a chance on the parts i need being inside the spare .

I don't know what to suggest but if you come across a manual box cheap we could swap ?

I dread to enter into this convo but i have an auto transfer box here , its untested and the seller said he bought because he had problems and was then told his front diff had gone so replacing that instead solved the problem and the t-box was never fitted .

I bought it because it was close and because i expect to have to strip my manual transfer box so took a chance on the parts i need being inside the spare .

I don't know what to suggest but if you come across a manual box cheap we could swap ?

Would you trade my current box if I can't find a manual? Or know who can supply bearing kit? I will pull mine apart and fit new bearings.

Simon Holton is our club friendly Toyota main dealer 01604 788300 he's your best bet i think unless Bob Murphy has a rebuilt box ready or the parts ready to start a rebuild . If you were nearby i would say borrow this one but i can see that going tits up very easily .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a manual from a SWB 1KZT, will need to check on Toyo if it's compatible with the d4D though

Going to remove my transfer box today! I still have my defender to use. Will split the box and source require parts to fix.

Hmmm Trevor is only 40 mins away from you and has the box i think i need

What if i let Trev swap my box and left the two spare boxes (1 manual 1 auto) for you to collect , would you split Trev's bill with me 50/50 ?

Assuming Trevor has time for this of course ?

Depends how much. I could potentially be paying for parts useless to me, however I just drained my oil and nothing other than a drip of water came out! Oh man.

I'm in the same boat Danny only i can find no love nor will to work on my d4d truck so for me a deal is just a lazy convenience , it makes room in my shed and it rules out the t-box even if the drivetrain clunk is still there .

It makes no odds to me really but she has just informed me the mot comes up in a couple of weeks so i have to pay some attention to the truck anyway which is a nuisance as it means mine has to be driveable .

Price is entirely up to Trevor even if he can do it at all ?

Back