Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A better driving position - Seat risers

Francesco

Country Flag
italy
In an attempt to improve the driving position of my 1983 BJ42 I'm building the risers to lift both the front seats about 5 centimeters.
I bought two angle irons 43,5x8x4,8 cm, two angle irons 43,5x5x4,8 cm and a 5 cm edge square tube, all 2 millimeters thick.
I had two sheets bent at 90° and two at 94° and the square pipe chopped in 4 section, 5x5x5 cm.
After taking the measurements on the car I made 11 mm diameter holes in metal sheets and on two opposite sides of the square tube sections.
Now I'm going to weld, refine and paint the various pieces.
I add some drawings and pictures, while not exactly professional, better clarify the dimensions of the various parts (I had better follow the advice of my teacher and improve my english).

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
Small update: I welded the front risers, cold galvanized and gave epoxy primer and basic primer. Because I have to paint the wheel arches, I'll paint the risers the same color as the body.
Not a masterpiece, but something useful.

09.jpg
10.jpg

Hi Francesco,

Very neat modification and your English is far better than my Italian!

Regards,

Rodger

Hello Francesco

You may want to run a pipe inside the box section if You plan to run a bolt all the way through those Ø11mm holes

On a side note; In November 16 I for a periode drove a Italina import Bj42 with Maserati (Quattroporte IIRC) seats. They brought the seating position rather way up.
I am not the tallest person, so this was a certain improvement when driving in town.
Eventually the seats will be replaced with original ones however :)
Kind Regards from Norway

Hello Peter, thanks for the tip. At the moment I'm busy with work, but I hope to complete the supports for the seats in the next weekend.
I had also thought of replacing the seats, but I like too much the vintage look, so I'm working on a solution that will enable me to sit higher up keeping the original seats.

Ah, the shrimp on the pier in Bergen ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back