Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Christmas rear bumper

You bugger i been thinking of talking Karl into parting with that bumper , never mind looks good Rosy :thumbup:

It wasn't easy... took nearly 6 months of gentle persuasion before @karl webster conceded... im pretty sure it too less time to court the missus :tongueclosed:

Never come across this lot before. AJS Fabrications. Cheaper than China, available for 80/90/100 series and made in the Midlands.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202680748490

Thats a bloody great shout out Jacob, right on time. I'm actively seeking a rear steel bumper for my 24V auto and was going to see Steves Polish one this weekend hopefully due to the lack of S/H ones about.
I bet they'd make one to a custom design if you called in.

Looks like they’re popular with the Green Oval brigade but plenty of custom jobs for L200s and Toyotas etc on their website and FB.

looking at there other items they do a lot of bumpers and sliders for various vehicles. as andy mentioned, I bet they are open to custom fabrications. good find.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AJS fabrication make a lot of land rover products under the name wildbear, and have that down to a fine art. When I was looking for bumpers & sliders for my 80 I went to see Andy but got the impression he wasn't interested in one off projects, but that may well of changed. Subsequently I know ex world of bumpers used to have their products made there, so it's not just green oval stuff they have experience of making. Indeed these may well be based on those WOB products.

I spoke to these guys at one of the 4x4 shoes at donnington park about side steps for my 105, the bar work they had on show was very well made

Here are a couple of photos they sent me of the rear bumper they do for the 100 series. £350 and 2-3 weeks lead time.

55DE08FF-F8F5-4E2C-AED4-E667B26E4B5E.jpeg
41843012-3175-4E8D-9633-2F492C1FD899.jpeg
EE60DB5E-C1CE-4AA6-BEEC-6812F1848FC2.jpeg

So we started fitting our ARB rear bumper today and what a tight squeeze it was to get on. So tight we had to tease it on with a sledge hammer (literally). Admittedly I had put a few coats of paint on the chassis to protect it from rust but it shouldn't of added more than a mm so surely it shouldn't be that tight? @Rosy how was yours when you fitted it? was it tight or did it slide on? Bolt holes look like their lining up (mostly) but expecting a battle to finish the job.....

Getting it on needed a little shuffle but nothing close to the force of a sledge hammer! Good luck with the captive nuts on the scewers, they took some fettling to get done.

Back