Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A few questions for you knowledgables on here on my new purchase???

The way it was once explained to me is that the fuel system of these trucks is like a sealed loop, and a hole anywhere (in the feed or return) would be like taking your finger off the end of a straw filled with liquid - the liquid would immediately drain out when the vacuum was lost. So all I can assume is that while the hole was large enough to allow air in, the easier path for the fuel to flow would be back into the tank rather than out of the hole (the fuel isn't pressurized in any way at this point).

Anyway, I hope your fix works.

Thanks Dave all these problems are here to test us and test us the blo*dy do:angry-screaming: as you say hopefully this will be the cure to my starting problems i am at the moment aqua steeling the fuel tank and guard then hopefully if dry paint them tomorrow then sort the underneath while the tanks out :icon-biggrin:

An updated update updated all put back together now starts almost instantly ok it does take a couple of churns on my 1 in 10 drive i have drained and flushed the autobox with over 30lts of dex 2 lots of dark silver came out which worried me a bit. But the box seems to be changing much better than it did before the flushings i cant feel the gear changes and only know its in top when i switch o/d off. I am yet to fit the remote cooler as the one i bought from China had some iffy internals so won't be fitting that one so will source another :x I have yet to change the thermostat which seems to be hidden in the depths of hell:wtf: but finally thanks ALL who advised me and the info given which helped no end:text-thankyoublue:

Back