Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A helping hand.....

Bernese

Country Flag
england
So today off I set to meet Andy (AndycruiserguyLom) and Chris, I arrived promptly as arranged at 12.45pm at Andy's chateaux in Sheffield. Some would consider it a daunting experience to have two such authorities give your recently purchased 80 series a good look over. I was greeted by Andy and introduced to his good lady who immediately offered tea and a cracking beef and tomato sandwich...I instantly knew, I was in the right place :blush:

Off we went into the yard and I was loaded onto to Andy's six post ramp at which point Chris joined the foray and both set about taking the new guy through a guided tour of everything that is the 80 series. Suffice to say we ended up with a number of niggles some required sooner than later but more importantly if you need assistance and members with a wealth of knowledge like Andy and Chris offer their assistance and valuable time I definitely recommend taking the opportunity.

My thanks to you both I learned bucket loads today....

PS: First time of meeting and Andy lent me his "Nuts" cheers pal... :)

So today off I set to meet Andy (AndycruiserguyLom) and Chris, I arrived promptly as arranged at 12.45pm at Andy's chateaux in Sheffield. Some would consider it a daunting experience to have two such authorities give your recently purchased 80 series a good look over. I was greeted by Andy and introduced to his good lady who immediately offered tea and a cracking beef and tomato sandwich...I instantly knew, I was in the right place :blush:

Off we went into the yard and I was loaded onto to Andy's six post ramp at which point Chris joined the foray and both set about taking the new guy through a guided tour of everything that is the 80 series. Suffice to say we ended up with a number of niggles some required sooner than later but more importantly if you need assistance and members with a wealth of knowledge like Andy and Chris offer their assistance and valuable time I definitely recommend taking the opportunity.

My thanks to you both I learned bucket loads today....

PS: First time of meeting and Andy lent me his "Nuts" cheers pal... :)

Yes, Des, its always a pleasure to meet and be of assistance to a new member. It was a good afternoon.
One thing which was was noticed by Chris was that the wrong wheel nuts were attaching the wheels to the hubs which was corrected with a set of the correct ones, someone in the past had put a set of 24V wheels on and used the 12V type nuts to fasten them on.
All in all a few remedial jobs to do and the truck will be a "good un".

A good new member in the making.

Sound like a right pair of idiots to me.

Oh hang on. Was that us?

Shucks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back