Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A new Italian member with LJ 70.

Mauro M

Country Flag
italy
Hello to all, my name is Mauro. I live in Sicily.:dance:

It's very interesting for me to be member of this community, to have chance to learn and share the fantastic world of 4x4 vehicles and in particular of the Land Cruiser!!!

I like a lot to drive 4x4 vehicles, but for job necessity I drive everyday a common car (new Fiat Bravo), please let me to say unfortunately!!!!

Just a short resume on what I drove during my last 19 years of driving license:
My first car it was an old Suzuki Samurai (1.3 cc); then after 2 years I sold it and I brought an Hyundai Galloper, this was mine for about 2 years then it was sold. My personal impression about the Galloper was good. The engine was ok, but the interior of the car was of too low level also the steel material quality (body).

Then finally in 2002 I brought a fantastic L.C. 70 series with square lights (like the ones a got few months ago, again)!
Unfortunately, in 2004, I decided to sell it, I cracked the cylinder head and another reason that i that time I found negative, it was a too slow car. Unfortunately this car in Italy was equipped with an engine too small (2.5 cc 66 Kw) especially to drive on the highway for long trips at 90 -100 km x hrs, which I believed was maximum speed that would prevented again the engine failure.

Later became the time to try another Japanese maker. It was the time of a Pajero Mitsubishi. I got a 3.5cc petrol engine (very powerful and generous engine; the track was fast in all condition on and off-road, I believe it is a reliable car and full of efficiency.
After 2 years, I have sold it, and I took another Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 Diesel (V20 Target). It was mine for 9 years. I have exceed every limits, very long period….conclusion: fantastic track, fast, powerful & nice appearance, it was a station wagon model.
At the moment I have an Range Rover MKIII (powered by BMW) and an L.C. LJ 70 built in 1992, which is under preparation/ construction in order to perform some nice turn in off-road!!!
People soon I will post some picture about my truck! Please wait a bit!!!

I apologies for my English, I know is very poor or better to say badly, anyhow, I have to make practice, like, to talk and to write, hoping it will become better soon!

All the best!!
Regards,
Mauro.

italian-flag-54.gif
Benvenuti nel forum di Mauro, Fantastic introduction you have had a mixture of 4x4's your English is OK we can understand all you say, we will look forward to seeing picture from you when you have posted a few more times.

Engine was “overhauled”; filters, fluids, and consumables parts have been replace before to start for my first trip (660 Km). A new engine is under maintenance (2.5 cc) just to have one on spare.
My project is to buy a 1KZ TE engine, to overhaul and to install in order to have finally a solid track.
Then some lift has been perform before to drive on, as shown the following pictures.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interior was completely remove (new seats will be installed coming from Audi TT) and some "phono absorbent panels" have been installed in order to keep the sound in and refuse the ones made by the engine, a big job was to soundproof the dashbord, there a lost a lot of time and "health".

IMG_20151118_173059.jpg A new water cooler was installed; the old ones was in poor condition, evidence of leak have been noticed during my short driving!

A.C. was also installed, it will help to keep hot the engine....:laughing-rolling: and then i will :violin:!!!

Welcome Mauro, great introduction and good to have you with us. [emoji4] looks like you're going to have some fun with that truck. [emoji4] Good to see the photos.

Best wishes
Richard

Welcome to the forum Mauro, a good 4x4 track record there, but I see you have a lot of work ahead of you on the 70.

Stay with it, all will come good, eventually :thumbup:

Jonny, I took the Toy in Sardinia…
I make a phone call to the owner, asking as usually in this case the common information to evaluate the condition of the vehicle; few day later we concluded the negotiation and my brother (lives there) took the car to another town (middle of Sardinia). He drive the truck first!!!

We went (wife & son) by ship to Sardinia (Cagliari) and collected the car (my brother took to Cagliari). There started our vacation; we held our wishes visiting Alghero, Santa Teresa di Gallura and Palau, spending so around 10 days.
Ended the holiday we went back to Sicily (Palermo harbor) prior to visit my relatives driving home for another 200 kms (3 extensive hours).

Thanks Richard.

Clive I have to work hard....to reach a good performance!!! I'll do my best!!:icon-biggrin:

Nice. I liked Sardegna, although its very expensive.
Not made it south to Sicilia.....yet!

Jonny, you are right, Sardinia is very nice land, planty of culture and fantastic nature.
Anyhow if l'd like, you are welcome to Sicily, even if soon I will move to northeast of Italy for job reason..

Whereabouts Mauro?
We know the northeast quite well lets say!!

Back