Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A New Toy:

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
After years of saying "I want one of those but I can't justify the cost" I finally relented . .

This arrived today :cool:

DSCN5311.jpg

Now to clear some space in the garage and finally get around to putting in some proper wiring.

I have been using this messy, total-loss system for years. It will be nice to have re-cycled grit and a self-contained environment for a change :D

DSCN5290.jpg

I feel more projects coming on :roll:

Bob.

Lucky man. Hmmm, I can see an even more well restored cruiser being created.

Snap ive got one too! Just make sure your getting enough air through it i think they need min 10cfm and dont leave the grit in over winter( if you have a cold garage like me) as it keeps clogging the nozzle. but excellent for cleaning all the fiddly bits :D

Joe

silvercruiser said:
Snap ive got one too! Just make sure your getting enough air through it i think they need min 10cfm and dont leave the grit in over winter( if you have a cold garage like me) as it keeps clogging the nozzle. but excellent for cleaning all the fiddly bits :D

Joe

Joe,

My twin-cylinder, 3 hp, 100 litre compressor is supposed to deliver 11 cf/min - but It seems to be a lot less than that in reality.

I have cleaned the air filter and have looked after it, but its a bit disappointing.

I may have to find a large 'collector' to mount alongside the grit blaster. It would take a long time to get up to pressure but I might get a few minutes of full-pressure use.

What grit do you use (I use J-Blast Superfine at 0.8mm max grain size. Its made from steel-making slag) ???

Bob.

Hello Bob i think the j blast is an expendable grit for open nozzle blasting but i might be wrong. I use aluminuim oxide in my blast cabinet which is re usable i think when matching compressors you do 1.5 times the working volume you need so really you want a compressor that can give you 15cfm hope this helps.

Joe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back