Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

a newbe

tom mitchell

Country Flag
united_states
Hello my name is Tom Mitchell
My Cruiser is 2002, model J100 it has 107, 000 on it. I am the second owner.
The truck is pretty much stock
My plans for my cruiser is to drive it as my daily driver (assuming I can afford the gas), to help family members (I am one of nine, now we have 53) with things that one needs a towing vehicle for and with three rows of seats more of us can go in one vehicle
I have no 4x4 experience and I'm not sure I'll offroad the truck as it's my daily driver.

It's in pretty good shape (I think).
The main things I'll need to tackle are
A/C is inop (I'm blocking the rear A/C line as soon as the rain stops lol). I bought a new line, yet I think I'll wait until I need a new muffler.
It needs a steering rack and axle boots, I'll get to those later this month when it's a little dryer and warmner.
The radio and Nav units are inop, too bad, the radio is integrated with the climate controls. Once I find a schematic I'll tackle installing and wiring in a new radio. Unless I get lucky.

Welcome. Nice intro. This place has lots of helpful people and good info so you are in good hands. :)

Welcome Tom, saw your radio post and can't help, sorry.

Your truck sounds nice, as mine is 22 years old, I'm glad I'm not plagued with "integrated" stuff, it's all very nice in the showroom, but bet your life after 10 years, it all tends to go pear-shaped.

Rich's advice is good, he's up-front as one of our electrical gurus, try to find yourself an electronics boffin (they tend to hide in dark rooms with wires everywhere) but if you find one you can tame, they're worth a fortune. :lol:

Back