Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A nice spot of spring camping

Josh Tagg

Country Flag
uk
Well the last few days have been spent camping in the fine British sunshine....... not quite it's mainly rained and been quite windy. Never the less we've had a good time, found some nice places, lanes and campsites. The car performed faultless apart from the damn alarm which played up and car wouldn't start when we got to first campsite. Who knows what's up with it but for now after some faffing checking things I've found a way to make it work. We spent the first 2 nights at coniston in the lakes which was nice and only a 20 min walk to the local pub-excellent. We then spent 2 nights in Osmotherley, not exactly a 'busy place' but it was just a suggestion we found and had nice showers and that so kept the other half happy. In the meantime in the 4 days we've been driving around doing some lanes and a few Ford's. All good fun. Now we are on a house boat in York, there's a log burner and it's on full chat drying everything out including us! Was very thankful for the new log burner we had bought for camping as it was bloody chilly! This will also probably be needed at lincomb next week I presume, and maybe to keep the red wine warm because lets face it-who on earth likes ice cold red wine?

20180327_151936.jpg 20180328_132352.jpg 20180329_135000.jpg 20180329_140643.jpg 20180330_134423.jpg 20180330_132826.jpg 20180330_192756.jpg 20180330_202149.jpg 20180331_115208.jpg 20180331_145132.jpg

Great stuff.
though red wine is generally too warm nowadays as "room temperature" is warmer than it used to be..
:)

Great stuff.
though red wine is generally too warm nowadays as "room temperature" is warmer than it used to be..
:)
After been on the fire for a while this might even be classed as "mulled wine"

Great photos Josh, and good typical British weather by the look of it!

We’re here visiting family at Ratley in Oxfordshire at the moment, rented a Golf so no 80 and I’m missing it already.... :icon-cry:

Great pictures there Josh....love the new burner is that another roof rack you got there?

A golf? At least the doors will shut just like a golf.....

No no still the same rack just has some stuff on it for a change. Only place an oz tent will realisticly fit. The burner was a god send when 1 degrees haha

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice photos Josh. Can I have the recipe for those flat breads? They look delicious.
Haha erm go to co-op, they're usually in the curry section. Took out of the packet and chucked on fire for warmth, no glory for being a chef I'm afraid!

Looks like a good but cold trip. Whereabouts in York were you staying?

Looks like a good but cold trip. Whereabouts in York were you staying?
We stopped on a house boat Gary, was on ferry lane if you know where that is. I wanted somewhere I could park car safely and obviously couldn't be a multi story. Was alright actually, bit of a novelty thing. The sleeping bag was only there to dry btw....

IMG-20180331-WA0001.jpeg

Well the last few days have been spent camping in the fine British sunshine....... not quite it's mainly rained and been quite windy. Never the less we've had a good time, found some nice places, lanes and campsites. The car performed faultless apart from the damn alarm which played up and car wouldn't start when we got to first campsite. Who knows what's up with it but for now after some faffing checking things I've found a way to make it work. We spent the first 2 nights at coniston in the lakes which was nice and only a 20 min walk to the local pub-excellent. We then spent 2 nights in Osmotherley, not exactly a 'busy place' but it was just a suggestion we found and had nice showers and that so kept the other half happy. In the meantime in the 4 days we've been driving around doing some lanes and a few Ford's. All good fun. Now we are on a house boat in York, there's a log burner and it's on full chat drying everything out including us! Was very thankful for the new log burner we had bought for camping as it was bloody chilly! This will also probably be needed at lincomb next week I presume, and maybe to keep the red wine warm because lets face it-who on earth likes ice cold red wine?

View attachment 142328 View attachment 142330 View attachment 142331 View attachment 142332 View attachment 142333 View attachment 142334 View attachment 142335 View attachment 142336 View attachment 142337 View attachment 142338

View attachment 142328 View attachment 142330 View attachment 142331 View attachment 142332 View attachment 142333 View attachment 142334 View attachment 142335 View attachment 142336 View attachment 142337 View attachment 142338
beautiful place and 80 series, question
How did you wire the light bar?, hole on the roof?, thanks

Hi

Beautiful place, question: how did you wire the light bar?, poke holes in the roof?, thanks

Hi

Beautiful place, question: how did you wire the light bar?, poke holes in the roof?, thanks
Hi There, no no not quite. Ran them through the inner wing to the door opening then up the snorkel on to the roof rack. Obviously you can see the cable ties round the snorkel but saves holes in roof

Used to be a good Chinese restaurant round the corner that backed onto the river, had my high school leaving party there all those years ago :occasion-balloons::obscene-drinkingdr:

Back