Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Pillar removal with SRS Air Bag

DH.120

Country Flag
england
Morning all,

Have a new headset which is also DAB so have one of the windscreen DAB aerials to install.

Anyone removed the passenger A pillar cover with Air Bag? After a bit of advice to make sure I don’t damage the airbag on removal/re-installation.

Anyone done this? Got photos? Got advice? Any info welcomed. Thanks.

I have removed mine a couple of times for the same reason (DAB aerial) but to be honest I can't recall anything specific difficult.

I think it's remove the grab handle and then it pops out with a few retaining clips....

All done.

Easy as. Two bolts to remove the grab handle. Peal back the door seal. Give it a light twist towards the windscreen and then pull up to remove.

Plenty of space windscreen side and away from the air bag to route the cables. Cable tied to Toyota wiring loom so no chance of effecting the air bag.

Hardest bit was the fact that was in full sun and about 50 degrees inside the car!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got this one Xtrons PBX70HGT
Had an older Android 8 version from them before and it’s seen me good but was beginning to struggle - it was 6 years old, so shouldn’t complain. If I get another 6 years out of this one then I’ll be happy. New one starts nearly instantaneously which is a big improvement as the old one got to taking up to a minute.

Got DAB connected, and reversing camera that I had before, and installed fuel log and TomTom applications, not got much further than that to be honest.

F3383A34-75D9-422B-929B-36307E09199D.jpeg

23C66508-01B4-4754-99AA-03265CBE4E09.jpeg

Back