Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A well equipped Land Cruiser 200: transafrica

Surfy

Hi there

Unfortunately i`m not able to post links or pictures, before i have done many postings :whistle:

And my message to one of the moderators don't seem to get read - so i post it this way.

Maybe some of you want to follow us, when driving from switzerland to south africa

transafrica2012.blogspot.de

We have done many mods on the car, and have built in an sleeping area inside of the rear - without popup roof, or roof tent - the space of the 200 allows it this way - but dont left much space for other stuff below :icon-wink:

When you have questions or suggestions: please ask. I will add a directlink, and pictures, when i`m able to do it.

Surfy
{Admin Edit}

http://transafrica2012.blogspot.co.uk/

Africa_Map-route.gif

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 575
Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the pictures a lot, but Google translate froze pretty quickly :lol:

Not sure why you didn't hear back from a moderator. We're usually pretty quick off the mark here.

Welcome.

Chris

I try to write in english, but this is really hard to do. Maybe i do an english Blog afterwards. The translation works ok, when i dont use slang. But without some slang, it is also ugly to read in german language :-(

Thank you much Tony, for adding Link and Pictures :)

This way it looks mich better!

Surfy

There are again some updates - but i still have no permission for posting images or links here..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking forward to reading this when I get home!

Out of interest why are you looking to avoid Gabon?

Looking forward to reading this when I get home! Out of interest why are you looking to avoid Gabon?
I just want to add a bit more challenge to our trip - and try tp see a part of original africa - who the people dont see tourists often. I think my english isnt good enough - to describe it better. This part may be difficult by car and a challenge - but the people are nice - and it isnt more dangerous than other parts.Gabon seems to be wonderful - and to get the visa is possible on the border. So Gabon will be our plan B - if the rainy season makes the small route not driveable for a well equipped car. Surfy

Today we got our last Visa - now we are complete - and will start in exact 14 days :)We have upgraded our suspension, because of the weight - and the Landcruiser handle it very well :) But we dont know - how it would feels like, with stock suspension and so much weight...Surfy

Probably worth taking some airbag spring assisters as well if you are near the max weight for the new suspension set up.

good luck with the trip.

I've been reading the blog and the truck is looking sharp. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it fully loaded just before you take off!

Thanks you for your ideas and wish us luck!

We have added some pictures - near the finish state.. Just the mud terrain tyres and rims arent mounted.

Surfy

DSC04041.JPG

We have finished the Transafrica, by arriving Capetown. Our daily diary is now completed and Online in our blog @ http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com

We have to review our pictures, and we will add some pictures to each day in the next weeks.

The Land Cruiser 200 has taken the hard road, and he has to get some service back at home.

He had taken more bad roads than i though as i plan the trip - and i`m wondering, what kind of stuff need a repair.

We had to replace the front windscreen, and it is broken again now (both times hit by stones). Also we have a killed fog light glass, had to replace the fuel filter and the airfilter once. Toyota did an excellent job with the Land Cruiser 200!

Surfy

Great trip!! I'll have to go do the west coast sometime.. Very interesting seeing how the 200 performed vs the old school 80/70 series..

Great trip!! I'll have to go do the west coast sometime.. Very interesting seeing how the 200 performed vs the old school 80/70 series..

I guess the 80 will also perform well, but with less comfort :think:

DSC02188.JPG

Meanwhile, we are back home.

It was a wonderful time that passed quickly - but still was not short.We both travel-saturated - not oversaturated - but it was a welcome end - and we were again on our daily lives and our work.
We thought that we would need another beach-holidays after this trip (because it would be stress) - but we arrive very relaxed at home.

Nor was it to "large workload" of miles - we decided in Namibia - to go for a snifter to Botswana - and have extended the trip by a nearly quarter (additional 4 `500km).
This is probably only a good ride comfort of our travel vehicle combination also a matter of attitude.

We would tackle on such a trip again similar - and more time – would also allow to see more.

The Daily "on the move" and still have a lot of breaks - was beautiful!

Now only hope that Brummie (the Land Cruiser) does not generate much service costs - he has already suffered a bit, but fought very bravely.

Tonight I'm going to summarize and publish the first trip statistics. And many thanks to those who send us messages within our satellite Messager. It was nice to know that some “travel” with us. Not always, we were able to assign the messages to the sender, because the Delorme sent always as “4x4reisend”

Our Blog: http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com

We still have to sort out our pictures - we will upload them in the next weeks

Surfy

We are still sorting our pictures - here some kind of preview

240_dsc02328_1.jpg

240_dsc02477_1.jpg

240_dsc03781_1.jpg

240_img_1489_1.jpg

Surfy

Back