Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A442F Gearbox TCU in UK Spec HDJ80

JOHN OF LONDON

Country Flag
uk
Today I am feeling very silly. I am trying to fit a lock up control box which interfaces with the Transmission Controller. The instructions tell me that the TCU is behind the glove box, or alternatively above the brake pedal. I can find it in neither space. Does anyone out there know where it is hidden. Can anyone confirm that the part number of the box I'm looking for is 89530 60090?

John

Do you have the electronically controlled later auto box with an ECT button on the dash?

Last edited:
In which case there will (of course) be a control box.
I expect someone with more knowledge of these will be along to help John as I don't (yet) have access to the manuals and location diagrams.

If you get the chance, it would be good if you could give a write up on what unit you have, where you found it, the control location (in the end) and how you got on with it etc so that others can benefit from your experience. I guess you've done a search on here for any existing info on this?

It's above the pedals, a bit awkward to get at. Can't be more specific than that because it's 10 years or so since I did the same job but I don't think there's too many ECU's by the pedals to choose from ...

Hi,
I finally found the thing. It has a different part number and lives in a different place. If you lie on your back in the driver's footwell and look upwards past the steering column it is bolted to the scuttle under the wiper mechanism but inside. Plain as a pikestaff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Jon,
Yes, I just found the thing, it's well hidden. Getting the snips and soldering iron to it should be a challenge in the morning.
John

Let's have some photos of your handiwork John. :)

Back