Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

abs help

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi can anyone help with abs issue ?

i have done the flashing code to check the problem and i am getting code 33 34 which are the rear sensors.

i have replaced both and did a reset to clear the abs light , but after a couple of minutes of driving the abs light comes back on.
and checking the error codes i am getting the same rear sensor codes.

can anyone shed some light on what may be the problem,

the wiring appears to be undamaged as far as i can tell.

i have just finished a big build on the car and everything on the back end came off and got refitted,
all electrical items at the rear of the car are working correctly apart from the abs issue.

could a bad earth connection affect the abs wiring ?

Was steering rack disconnected during works , i have a vague notion thats why i had to replace the steering wheel clockspring .

Corroded connectors are also a possibility. As are corroded encoder wheels on the hubs.

no steering rack removal.

no corrosion on associated parts.

just weird that it was fine before but now showing this issue.

is there any other inputs to abs system other than the wheel sensors ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Haven't a clue but seems logical to me that your load height sensor/valve thing might play a role in the abs pantomime .

If you fitted a suspension lift maybe lowering the valve in its bracket might help ?

If the ABS is used for stability control then it will have a steering angle sensor usually incorporated into the clockspring or steering column somewhere.

If nothing else was changed...Take the sensors out and put the wires in short, and see if you are getting the same error.

Back