Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ABS Problem

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Tonight I was parked near the river at Hampton Court, it was very misty and very cold, when I got back in the Cruiser to come home I drove down the road a bit and when I had to brake all wheels locked up :shock: and I skidded (the roads were a bit icy) thank Christ there was no-one in front of me :pray: . I then noticed the ABS light was on, further along the road I tried turning off the engine and restarting and the ABS light went out, could this have been caused by the dampness and the coldness? :confusion-confused: The rest of the drive home was OK.

I can't help with this one Chas but, with the greatest respect, I will be staying behind you at the weekend... :lol:

Flingers clossed its a one off aboration (sp)...

You could try reading the fault code, sometimes it will point the finger and sometimes it will just confuse you even more!

Gav Peter said:
I can't help with this one Chas but, with the greatest respect, I will be staying behind you at the weekend... :lol:

Flingers clossed its a one off aboration (sp)...
Wise decision :lol:

ou could try taking out the ABS fuse (in the main fuse box) and reseating it - for some reason every Toyota I have had seems to get dirty contacts on the fuses over time. First job I always do when I get a new one is find as many fuses as I can and reseat them (and clean the contacts if they are really bad) and do the same for all interior bulbs and also give the door switches a few heavy applications of the finger. The first Toyota I ever had (a 1981 Toyota Celica ST) has the same problems and my Surf and my 80 and now my 100 have all had the same. Maybe it's just due to teh fact that the vehicles last long enough for them to be a problem - most other vehicles have ended up in the scrap yard long since apart from Land Rovers that leak oil so much that nothing is ever going to get corroded :D :D

Damp certainly makes these problems worse.

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look at the fuse, when I can finally get up enough gumption to go out into that cold cold world outside, you see I'm a soft southerner who doesn't like this weather :lol: . . . . . . . . . . I think in a previous life I must have been born in Morocco or somewhere nice and hot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me too - 2 years in the Middle East really made me appreciate nice warm weather - I keep meaning to go out and wire up another camera on the acr - got it fitted just need to do the wiring but it's too damn cold.

Back