Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Accessory Meter (Temp/Compass/Clinometer) info/details

Mark_S

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi
I have a a KZJ95W (TZ), it has an accessory pod, which after some prodding seems to at least work, when I can see the display.

I've changed the display bulbs, and even tried T5 LEDs but I can not read the display in daylight unless heavily shaded, after sundown it's readable.

Anyone have experience of a Accessory Meter? or best yet any data such as an electrical diagram as it doesn't seem to be really covered in either the Haynes nor Ellery books.

Thanks

Hi
I have a a KZJ95W (TZ), it has an accessory pod, which after some prodding seems to at least work, when I can see the display.

I've changed the display bulbs, and even tried T5 LEDs but I can not read the display in daylight unless heavily shaded, after sundown it's readable.

Anyone have experience of a Accessory Meter? or best yet any data such as an electrical diagram as it doesn't seem to be really covered in either the Haynes nor Ellery books.

Thanks
Press & hold in the mode button for a few seconds - this brightens or dimms the light

Hi

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Mark, I take it you're in Cyprus, where abouts?
I can't help you with the display problem, I had the same display on my VX D4D Colorado but could always see it.

Welcome to the forum Mark, I take it you're in Cyprus, where abouts?
I can't help you with the display problem, I had the same display on my VX D4D Colorado but could always see it.
In Larnaca district on the outskirts, for a few years now, although we've lived in Limassol before.

We were walking down the strip on Christmas day from Mackenzie beach. My Mrs is from the outskirts of Larnaca, we go every year. There are a few active members on Cyprus, we met up with 3 of them over Christmas. BTW aren't Cruisers expensive over there? Funny, I see the same Cruisers in the same place year after year, all in great condition.

Press & hold in the mode button for a few seconds - this brightens or dimms the light
We were walking down the strip on Christmas day from Mackenzie beach. My Mrs is from the outskirts of Larnaca, we go every year. There are a few active members on Cyprus, we met up with 3 of them over Christmas. BTW aren't Cruisers expensive over there? Funny, I see the same Cruisers in the same place year after year, all in great condition.

Second hand car market is nuts, not just Cruisers. 15 year old saloons with peeling top coat and wrecked interiors still cost €1500 +. A lot of the 4x4 like mine are Japanese imports not originally for the EU market.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the same accesory pod and i regularly turn the illumination on and off by “press and hold” the mode button. Just make sure that the compass is not in calibration mode.

I have the same accesory pod and i regularly turn the illumination on and off by “press and hold” the mode button. Just make sure that the compass is not in calibration mode.
The accesory pod also does a reset and reverts to default illumination always on mode whenever the car battery is disconnected. Please note though that all data stored will be erased and disconnecting the car battery may also reset your other accessories.

Last edited:
The accesory pod also does a reset and reverts to default illumination always on mode whenever the car battery is discoonected. Please note though that all data stored will be erased and disconnecting the car battery may also reset your other accessories.
Oh I just remembered, the accesory pod has a polarizing filter in front of the lcd display. If the polarizer is already worn out, you’ll have difficulties with the readout even if illumination is on. I replaced mine with a polarizer film taken from a junked laptop. Just cut and paste . Hope this helps

Last edited: