Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Additional Key

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I have only one key with LC4 and want to get an additional 2. Is this a Mr T only solution?

Thanks

Trevor

:thumbdown: Ultimately yes. There are ways to programme blanks that have been cut (see eBay for these) but for me, it's the way to do it even tough it is a bit pricey.

managed to programme a new key (alarm and immobiliser) for my LC90 quite easily after getting a blank key & transponder off ebay for £50 i think

The key coding is fairly straight-forward - I've a PDF around somewhere with the instructions I think - not sure if the 2-button blanks you can get on flea-bay are the right thing though, due to the transponder being integrated?

Gary,

if you find it would you mind posting it please, if poss? I could do with a remote spare but am reluctant to pay a dealer if it is fairly straight forward.

The LC 90 has a transponder (chip) built into the key, I had one cut at a local locksmith, he had a transponder reader in the shop and then reprogrammed the new key from the old.

It works fine but was iirc around £70 all in.

So maybe try phoning around some locksmiths?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24Seven said:
The LC 90 has a transponder (chip) built into the key, I had one cut at a local locksmith, he had a transponder reader in the shop and then reprogrammed the new key from the old.

It works fine but was iirc around £70 all in.

So maybe try phoning around some locksmiths?

:thumbup: :thumbup: worth a punt

Trevor, did you ever get a second key?

Wife lost out spare key a while back and I have just called Toyota about the cost of replacing it and :shock: they want £146.75. Bloody highway robbery! Not as bad as Audi mind, they want £180 to replace the key the mrs lost last week :cry:

Hi Tony,

Didn't get any further after speaking to a couple of high street key cutting places, they can read the code off my key but the blanks they have cannot be programmed for this type. Dealer only was the response so it went on the back burner.

Ebay kits are for 100 series and below it seems.

Now just being ever so careful with the one key I have.

Is it any cheaper to swap the Mrs for one who doesn't lose keys? :D

Interesting Trevor, my local key cutting chap says he can do both the Toyota and the Audi one for around £115, but I am not sure he can.

I will pop in later this week and check again, but one things for sure, he won't get a penny unless the key works :naughty:

Thanks Andy, just sent them a mail

Tony, have just looked where you live on the Landcruiser Map, bloody long way to get a key. :) :lol:

har har har..... was wondering when someone would notice... been like that for at least a month :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

Nah, well insulated, [strike:1yylfu1n]log[/strike:1yylfu1n] gas fire going, young madens keeping me warm, so no all's good in my world :dance: :think:

I had to get another key when I got my cruiser. Not knowing any other way I bit the bullet and went to the dealer. As has already been said it cost me about £150. What I want to know is how come people only hand in one key when they part with their vehicle. The dealer told me that if someone trades a car in with only one key they charge them for the cost of a second key as they won't sell on a vehicle with only one key. Good for them I say.

Unfortunately my purchase was from a used car dealer who didn't give a toss that there was only one key. I was just wary that something would happen to my one key and so got another one. I hope you manage to get a key a lot cheaper than what mine cost.

andyw said:
These people are a bit far from you, but they will do stuff by post.
http://www.toyota-keys.co.uk/

Well just got a response back from this company, and :shock: they are more expensive than Toyota £195. In fairness though this includes the call out fee so if you are stuck somewhere without a key they could be your only answer.

TonyP said:
Toyota about the cost of replacing it and :shock: they want £146.75. Bloody highway robbery! :cry:
Thats what I paid for my replacement spare key, when I got back to UK, after I 'lost ' one in Morocco along with the V5

Graham

You know - this is now beyond funny :snooty: - you're going to have to 'fess up, Graham ... :whistle: :whistle: :naughty: :violin:

Back