Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrian Flux spanked

outdoordan

Supporter
Hi all.

Just had my Adrian Flux renewal quote through.

Fully comp, Business use, 20k per year, key cover, few other bits and bobs. nothing extraordinary... £789.00

This would have gone up to £919.97 if I had paid monthly.

Aviva have just quoted me for the same (12k annual mileage and no key cover the only difference) at £290, paid monthly.

AF asked to match the price but I declined. Felt like they tried to mug me so said no, thank you very much.

Always worth getting different quotes at renewal.

I noticed that your new quote is for 12k miles - is the cover the same?

Hi chadr, yes, fully comp, protected no claims.

12k mileage is a bit of a gamble but hoping to work closer to home so fingers crossed.

If Flux were quoting for 20k it would be higher, that over 60% difference, but thats a massive saving.

Id def be checking the small print!

As its law you must have insurance it should be law its not for profit . I can't remember which country someone said insurance is included in your road tax , i like that idea myself .

Just thought same should apply to the BBC , let them continue to charge whatever they like but scrap the laws saying people have to pay it .

I recently had the same experience from AF. They quoted me £900 for the same policy from the same insurer as I got for £556 from A Plan and they were very ‘aggressive’ on the phone trying to make me take out the policy then and there when I had just asked them to quote. But they then turned out the cheapest for insuring the Metalian trailer....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I often wonder how Ins Companies Police the mileage Thing. Every year they ask how many miles i think i will do , What's the value of the Vehicle etc etc, But know one has asked to see ODO readings. And as for value irrespective of what its worth they will fight to payout Bottom book Value... Is the mileage done on Readings from MOT to MOT? Or is there a simpler Way?

I often wonder how Ins Companies Police the mileage Thing. Every year they ask how many miles i think i will do , What's the value of the Vehicle etc etc, But know one has asked to see ODO readings. And as for value irrespective of what its worth they will fight to payout Bottom book Value... Is the mileage done on Readings from MOT to MOT? Or is there a simpler Way?

Yup. I've wondered this myself. I'm guessing they can view the mileage online with the DVLA MOT history, but do they charge you extra? Invalidate your insurance? You can guarantee they'll use it to not pay out... and what about value of vehicles? Half the club members drive collectors items, classics and trucks so rare its difficult to put a value on them.

If its a limited mileage policy then I used to have to provide mileage at the start of every year on a signed form.

Now they just check online afaik

Back