Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrian Flux warning (0/10 customer service)

MuckyPup

First i'm not one to rant, it does no-one any good but i very nearly blew a friggin gasket with this useless bunch.............
When I say i'll never use Adrian Flux again i damn well mean it, god help anyone who needs to claim.

First balls up;
say they didn't receive my no claims and then CANCELLED my policy with ZERO notice.
Thankfully they texted me that it was cancelled but why they couldn't text me they still needed it i'll never know:icon-rolleyes:

Second balls up;
I needed to add my BUSINESS partner to my policy as a named driver.
He's 30 years old, this shouldn't really be an issue should it ?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Only with Adrian Flux............

Muppet 1
takes 20 minutes of putting me on hold to enter the details and finishes off with "we can't offer you a quote on that i'm afraid" and puts me through to some exterior company who want to sell me a new policy ?????????????? WTF?

Muppet 2
Tells me that since i'd said BUSINESS my insurer wouldn't allow a named driver and he'd have to "check the tapes" to see what I had really said but he could cancel the policy completely if I wanted to change insurers.
Puts me on hold to "check the tapes" and goes for lunch i think............

Muppet 3 (customer services)
Admits muppet 1 was wrong to summarise BUSINESS when he called my insurer but it didn't matter because it would add £500 to my policy to add him

And this is what passes for customer services at Adrian Flux
Don't say i didn't warn you...........

Soooooo, who's good for insurance ?
(NFU want £600 and wouldn't budge even at the risk of losing my 4 van policy's that i have with them, boy, someones in trouble there in a few months when they lose that lot :whistle:)

In true Fast Show style, you should have told them "He is my partner und my lover also", it would have been fine then. :lol:

0.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
:dance:Still not technically spouse though eh ?
People making mistakes is fine, i don't have a problem with that.
Telling the customer "tough shit" basically, i do have a problem with.......

Yup, that pretty much mirrors my experience with them. Moved one car away already, and the other will move at renewal... I even tried to reach the owners of the business to express my concerns, but they won't put you through by phone, and they won't reply to any correspondence. I run a business employing 35 people, and I would want to know if a client was so unhappy and I would make sure that I contacted them personally. In my experience, and clearly that of others, Adrian Flux just don't care at all about providing good customer service.

Recently took out a policy with them...

The Paperwork they give you with all the details does say that you need to give them proof of no claims bonus, and sign and send back the declaration form, within 14 days...If not done so then it'll be cancelled, but they should have phoned and warned you about it...

Anyway, They came in very cheap, insuring three cars for a total of £700...Landcruiser, Nissan 350z, and a VW Golf

When you post your proof of no claims you don't expect the next communication to be a text informing you your policy has been cancelled though do you ? Luckily i wasn't away in it.......

Anyway, I've just had a brain wave and have sent an e-mail directly to the organ grinders at Equity Redstar and avoided the monkeys altogether, lets see if they want me to cancel a month old policy as much as AF.........
Me malicious ? Noooooo........

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I insured my 80 with Adrian Flux on 23rd May this year, part of the requirements needed were confirmation of mileage, certificate of alarm system, owners club confirmation and modified vehicle report. I've not been able to supply all that for a while because the 80 is still parked up at Julian V's so I was going to cancel the policy until such time as I could get it back down to me. The premium in May was £496.01, AF were prepared to refund me, wait for it . . . . . £113.93 :shock: , that's £382.08 for one month and one weeks insurance coverage. My only option is to allow the policy to continue, but guess who I won't be dealing with again. :eusa-naughty:

It must be a lottery thing with AF. Every time I insure something different it's no problem, £25 to swap no problem. 80 auto import £234 no problem, Chevy 6.5 TD £243 no problem, 60's are about £190. When I had N80MUD insured with them I reeled the mods off to them and I didn't get asked for anything in writing just that it was ok and just a straight change over from another 80.
I think something might be down to location but until I see fit otherwise I will be staying with them.

Andy

Very pissed off with Flux to get told one month after insuring another car with them , after explaining the policy on the second car will be allowed to expire so the policy on the third surplus to requirements car can be transferred over to the second . That my no claims can only be used on one car , ok says me i only have one car insured , nope they said your other car was automatically renewed at in increased cost of about £150 and we want another £150 because you can't use the same no claims on both cars .

Circa £1500 a year for 3 cars that probably don't cover 10,000 combined miles annually .

Oddly enough they can't untick the auto renewal on my policies despite the fact i've only ever bought insurance by phone , so if you buy insurance from these thieving ***king ****ards don't forget to phone your bank and block all future requests for payment .

just insured the petrol Collie for another year £250 with AF. You have to watch them with the auto renewal thing but they always send a letter informing to which they get a phone call and a bit of too and froing and get a result. Will be re insuring the black one next month which I should expect to pay £250.

Oddly enough they can't untick the auto renewal on my policies despite the fact i've only ever bought insurance by phone , so if you buy insurance from these thieving ***king ****ards don't forget to phone your bank and block all future requests for payment .
They cancelled auto renewal for me once I realised it was in force, I told them that I would decide when and who I insured with.

just insured the petrol Collie for another year £250 with AF. You have to watch them with the auto renewal thing but they always send a letter informing to which they get a phone call and a bit of too and froing and get a result. Will be re insuring the black one next month which I should expect to pay £250.
Christ I wish mine was something close to that. Mines nearly 4 times that! Also Adrian flux won't even quote me as I'm under 25, I forgot most boy racers used an 80.......

Josh, I cant get my lad on any of them I've got with AF (6). Daft really as he's had his HGV 5 years and a professional driver, he's 25 next May and they can get ready as he'll be on them all.

Christ I wish mine was something close to that. Mines nearly 4 times that! Also Adrian flux won't even quote me as I'm under 25, I forgot most boy racers used an 80.......

Don't knock it Josh, I wish I paid 4 times as much and knock 38 years off.

Yeah I'm waiting to get on my dads land rover too! Haha that's one thing none of us can change. I'll have to get up to your place soon too, it's all been a bit flat out last few weeks!

This year they told me they wouldn’t insure the cruiser as it was my daily driver. If I had another car it would have been fine. I’ve never had that one before! Even with a limited mileage. I don’t drive much as have a company vehicle but that didn’t count as I don’t own it. This is after being with them for the past 8 Year’s. I went with Chris Knott who were awesome and a good deal cheaper and didn’t bat an eyelid when I told them about all the mods. Highly recommended.

Rob

Josh, I cant get my lad on any of them I've got with AF (6). Daft really as he's had his HGV 5 years and a professional driver, he's 25 next May and they can get ready as he'll be on them all.
Everyone knows the second that clock passes midnight and it's your 25th birthday, you go from being a complete numpty driver to a very competent one. Just look at Max Verstappen, terrible speed freak and overtakes where more senior drivers won't dare…

Last edited:
Back