Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2016, at Stratford race course, Sept 24-25

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Last edited:
Yep. Up for it.

I wouldn't bother with too much organising of the parking this time though:icon-biggrin:

I'll definitely be there too but only if it is a group meet up, the shows not really worth more than one day.

Last edited:
Be rude not to.

C

Have emailed Tom to get ball rolling on this.

Regards,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah. I think the parking bit was certainty over thunk lady time :)
I have to say I was impressed beforehand KB. It appealed to my Aspergers side. :) However once there and finding nobody else turned up around us, it perhaps lost a bit of its value I suppose. I liked it though. :)

Were there parking problems? maybe they had been sorted before I arrived, there were some who had arrived before me.

Book a square , hammer a stake in the middle with a length of rope attached and corral your wagons .

Women and children can collect arrows keeping Chas in ammunition against the Landrover crowd :lol:

I had a blast. Always do. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of exhibition / show on at the same time?

I am hoping not to make this one should be having 3 weeks in Europe then

Were there parking problems? maybe they had been sorted before I arrived, there were some who had arrived before me.

last year, we had expected to be in a tiny spot, but on arrival @Andy had managed to get us into the much larger field we ended up in... had we been in the tiny spot, it would have been very very cosy :)

here is something to chew on for this years event... taken from their club stand request section, I quote here unedited :

Please ensure that the club’s display vehicles at ADVENTURE OVERLAND are more orientated
towards overland travel i.e. Campers, off-road trailer/campers, 4x4’s with roof tents, etc. It is not a
show for mud-pluggers, therefore vehicles with axles at extreme angles would look totally out of place.
NEW FOR AO`16
As some clubs tend to ignore the advisory notes above, whilst others embrace the idea
and really make the effort, for this year’s show it will be compulsory for all clubs
attending to adopt a theme. If your club is heavily into greenlaning … or foreign travel
… or supporting a particular charity … or some of your members are part of the 4x4
Response Network … or are heavily into motorsport … and so forth – then PLEASE
tell the show visitors about it! Again, a photo board and some flyers off a home printer
is the very least we would expect. Nominating members into 1 hr hour shifts is also a
good idea, that way when visitors show interest in your theme and require more
information, at least one club member will be available at all times during opening
hours of the show – 10:00 to 17:00 Sat, 10:00 to 16:00 Sun. To simply have an
‘abandoned’ Club Display Stand does nothing for your club or the show.

so what might our theme be ?

"if we don't have so many 4x4's nobody will notice the car park is the main attraction"

The genius that thought that up should run for prime minister :icon-rolleyes:

Hi guys,

In terms of theme... I am going to propose 'Land Cruisers'. That's a theme right?

Reliability - that would be a theme.

Worldwide travel? That could be a theme.

Cruisers from every continent. Might work, it's just that some of the members are unable to make it.

Why don't we do a vehicle mechanics theme for the landrover owners there.....

That made me laugh, however they might not see the humor in it and that would be just as funny.

Im going looking forward to it all ready - ill be trading there:)
IMG_0221.JPG

Back