Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 27 - 28 April 2019

Ok thats brilliant mate we all know how useless they all are there its good to know as they wont thanks

Know where we'll be? Ha ha. I can't wait for that. Last year took comedy to a new level.

As long as we can get in past Wurzel and his mates, we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Actually this came today from Tom. I'm guessing anyone who's registered before has had it too, but for any noobs - he said:

Hiya,

Please find attached an information sheet for the forthcoming event at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse. This covers directions to the venue, timings and of course the latest news. In addition you should know that we’ve gone the extra mile (or should that be furlong?) to provide better facilities (more toilets), improved catering (really good home-cooked food from early breakfasts to midnight munchies), more indoor traders than ever before (same is true of outdoor trade stands which are more diverse than ever), an influx of international traders from Portugal Germany, Holland, France and Switzerland (the latter demonstrating their Australian unique campers), more bushcraft demos, cooking classes with the South Africans on their versatile braai barbeques, a double dose of evening entertainment in the extended Severn Cider beer tent (two great bands Friday & Saturday evenings) and International Campervan Show ‘Chill Out’ marquee (jam sessions Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings for those campers lucky enough to stay over until Monday), a massive display of adventure bikes (and associated traders), Kid’s Amusements (something new for us) and double the amount to talks as part of the “Been There, Done It! Seminar Sessions. One day will simply not be enough to take in all the event has to offer.

Upon arrival at Check-in there will be further sheets available such as an updated Trade Plan, List of Exhibitors, etc.

One thing that has changed dramatically this time around is the overall format of the event. For the past seven years the “Adventure Overland Show” has catered mainly for 4WD vehicles, so to open it up to a wider audience the decision was made to invite all campers, campervans and motorhomes (professional and self-built), although at what point a vehicle changes from one type to another is anybody’s guess! The only thing we were sure about was that most campervans in the UK are 2WD, hence the working title “International Campervan Show” catering for non-4x4 vehicles.

However, nowadays there are more 4WD campers than ever before – VW transporters, Sprinters and Japanese grey imports to name but a few, so the lines have become totally blurred. This came to a head when some traders stated they didn’t want to be located in one show or the other, as the products they sell appeal to both types of owner. The same is true of the seminars as they too span all kinds of transport whether on two wheels, four or even more! 8x8 monsters regularly appear at our events by the way!

This being the case please don’t expect two separate shows when you arrive. Already the two shows have morphed into one big event, as the lofty aim is to cater for all types of vehicle, this way by blending both shows into one visitors will experience a diverse array of transport that hopefully will appeal to everybody across the board.

We hope you like the new format, we welcome your thoughts and suggestions post event after the dust has settled; this is the way forward!

See you soon at the fabulous venue that is Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse.

Tom McGuigan

and in other news......

after a long break ive finally bought some chicken wings, prepped and in the freezer, just need to make the sauce.

Will there be a section for Fell runners and Ramblers!?... Confused now, Me and the Missus are going on the Saturday ,Dont know weather to take the 80 the KTM. The split screen Dub Or the Kon tiki Talbot.. Might get the Bus...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's also a section for fudge packers. And biltong lovers too.

There's also a section for fudge packers. And biltong lovers too.
as i recall the last time i had the billtong it would have put the fudgepackers right off...

as i recall the last time i had the billtong it would have put the fudgepackers right off...
Just knock up a special Billtong Sauce....Throw in some Chicken!

I didn’t get the mail from them, although have registered before, not booked any tickets beforehand this year, will get them on arrival, maybe that’s why I didn’t get the mail?

Got mine, but normally if you're in a club, you also download a club stand entry sheet to stick in the window or else they put you in the camp site.

i could do with 3 other people again to go in on the free tickets and ill raffle the money from the free tickets off to give everyone who has paid a chance to win as we usually do

It's probably better if I just say nothing.

Will there be a section for Fell runners and Ramblers!?... Confused now, Me and the Missus are going on the Saturday ,Dont know weather to take the 80 the KTM. The split screen Dub Or the Kon tiki Talbot.. Might get the Bus...
lol.

Back