Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

adventure trailer question.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
been looking at adventure trailers and the like for a while now. one of the obvious advantages is you can leave the thing set up, whilst being dragged around the nearest town/village looking at tat and buying ice cream by the missus.

does anyone actually feel comfortable doing this? i know a tracker can be fitted, but would this just be a case of ringing the police, only to be told under no circumstances use that bow saw in the back of your cruiser to apprehend the would be overlanders? just give us four hours and we will be over in a flash to give you a crime number with zero intent on recovering the 15k of your pride and joy..

Do it, Mike. My current trailer is deliberately ghetto for that reason, but I've never been too worried about leaving a nicer trailer or caravan for a few hours with a solid wheel clamp and hitch lock on. More concerned about someone rifling through your camp and nicking gas bottles, alu boxes and other bits and bobs.

As another precaution on those occasions, could a trail camera be set up in any nearby trees/bushes, to capture anyone/vehicles up to no good with your unit ?

Motion sensor linked to recording of bf dog barking, lol.

Never given it a thought and I've dragged mine 10,000s miles

Is there can activist group for unattended trailers ? (don't dismiss it)
Sorry, I digress.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back