Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

advise required

cool change

Country Flag
australia
Hi to all out there, we have just purchased a 93 diesel 4.2 glx model HDJ80R.non
turbo ,passed a pre purchase check in good condition has 420k on oddmeter, is manual has a 2 inch lift , winch , bull bar, . We bought it to tow a camper trailer and do some bush bashing around Australia, we live in Berowra Waters. Im on a
learning curve have never driven a 4 wheel drive , or Landrover before.
It came from a dealer, no past history, or owners manual. Can anyone advise where I can get the manual, also past drivers history, I would love to know where
its been. The car has been raised 2" but the front sway bar is missing,? is that
for a reason, ? should I fit another. ? rego. BZ 76 YQ dont know how old that is.
Bourgandy colour .
Any thoughts would be appreciated,
thanks cool change. kevin.

Hi to all out there, we have just purchased a 93 diesel 4.2 glx model HDJ80R.non-turbo ,passed a pre purchase check in good condition has 420k on oddmeter, is manual has a 2 inch lift , winch , bull bar, . We bought it to tow a camper trailer and do some bush bashing around Australia, we live in Berowra Waters. Im on a learning curve have never driven a 4 wheel drive , or Landrover before.
It came from a dealer, no past history, or owners manual. Can anyone advise where I can get the manual, also past drivers history, I would love to know where
its been. The car has been raised 2" but the front sway bar is missing,? is that for a reason, ? should I fit another. ? rego. BZ 76 YQ dont know how old that is.
Bourgandy colour .
Any thoughts would be appreciated,
thanks cool change. kevin.

OK Kevin, Here's a little list...

1. I don't think you did, but just in case, don't call your Land Cruiser a Lawn Roller, they get very upset and you'll have all sorts of temperamental breakdowns, sulking and generally it will become very unreliable;

2. It will feel under-powered without a turbo, but that's a matter of driving style and using the gears wisely to keep the torque just right for the conditions you're in;

3. No front sway bar (or ant-roll bar) was the previous owner's preference (but I'm not sure of the legality of that in Oz, maybe it depends on which state you're in). Normally they're removed to allow more flex in the suspension, and it shouldn't alter the ride too much under normal conditions. If you find this is illegal or you feel too much roll on cornering, fit one. I'm sure you'll find a s/h one somewhere. Fit new bushes if you do, the old ones will probably be finished anyway;

4. I like Burgundy :lol: :obscene-drinkingdr:

5. Pictures are mandatory on this forum...

:banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::lol:

Hi Clive and apology to all for the wrong name, I,ve been looking at so many vehicles my head is spinning, I have given

myself a swift uppercut. Interesting about the roll bar, I will check in NSW what is the legality, the dealer did give me

another roll bar to fit if required. The car colour is Burgundy, not the colour I announced. thanks for pointing that out.
Would love to post a picture if I knew how, I found out yesterday from Crispin what a thread means. So I struggle along
trying to learn, from what information I can glean, and its very frustrating. I wish there was a guide to translate the terminology , its all a jargon Im trying to decipher. So Im thankfull for any instruction that comes my way.
Thanks for keeping in touch
kevin cool change.

Back