Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advisories

Well, seeing as it seems to be customary, I thought I'd share that my 80 passed it's MOT a couple of weeks ago first time ... as it has since I got it. :icon-biggrin:

As ever, though I got a shed load of advisories. I can't help but think my garage is in love with them - because I get so many, and they are always different from the last MOT. (Same garage, no work done to rectify anything in last years's.) This time the advisories covered two issues - rusty coils and rusty exhaust - they got 6-7 advisories of these two.

Does anyone else have experience of garages that are advisory happy?

(Not really complaining, they always pass the truck first time!)

My garage seem to be the other end of the scale. I had a pass 3 years ago with an advisory on play in the anti roll bar bushes. When I got home I got under there and swung on the bar and could barely find any play at all so I left them and it's passed two MOT's since with 0 advisories!
Have your advisories changed since last year?

because I get so many, and they are always different from the last MOT. (Same garage, no work done to rectify anything in last years's.)

there you go.

It is a quirk of different testers.

One of our HGV's - a tester went ill very suddenly half way through the test. He had already pointed out a few things to my chap that took it.

Then, the next tester had to start afresh - didnt find a thing!

----

A LandRover of mine - rotten sills - I had two testers argue with each other. One said outright fail, and the other pointed out that the rocksliders were welded to the chassis and to the body which meant the sills could be ignored!

It passed.

My garage seem to be the other end of the scale. I had a pass 3 years ago with an advisory on play in the anti roll bar bushes. When I got home I got under there and swung on the bar and could barely find any play at all so I left them and it's passed two MOT's since with 0 advisories!
Have your advisories changed since last year?

Yep, can't remember what they were - but I didn't do anything about them. And I can't believe it's different testers - it's a very small rural garage!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got an advisory on an anti roll bar bush that Julian had just renewed for my petrol 80's MOT. :confusion-confused:

Back