Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aerial won’t fully extend and reverse camera stopped working.

AdamAp2021

Country Flag
australia
So I’ve just fitted a “42 lightbar to the roof rack of my 90’s series. Everything works as it should with the light and relay and switch etc. but I’ve noticed after first drive my aerial won’t fully extend now. And also my reverse camera no longer works through the radio screen as it did before. Grateful for any insight as to what I’ve done and how I can fix this problem

Any chance you disturbed a couple of connectors behind the centre dash when fitting the switch?

I originally thought I may have disturbed connectors but I was extremely careful. I’ve since solved the problem of the reverse camera. Because I had disconnected the battery to fit the relay for the lightbar, it had defaulted the settings back. So once I went into the settings on the radio screen I switched it back to battery triggered. Still can’t figure out why my aerial isn’t fully extending though

Is the aerial up / down switch on the dash having any effect ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You need to reset your aerial. Turn the radio on and once the aerial has stopped moving use the up button to fully extend it. When you turn the radio/ignition off it should fully retract. It should work fine until you next disconnect the battery. This worked on my brother-in-laws Prado, should be the same with UK Colorado.

Back