Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

African Drawer pack

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello friends,

Can one of teh 120 series boys please measure the load area of the rear.
Between the inside of the wheel arches ?
And also the wide part just above the inside of thewheel arches.

I am bidding on the African Draw system, in the Ebay section, adn Gav, has told me how wide the drawer system is.

Graham,,, 1,025mm wide by 750mm long

I want to be sure it will fit in my 120

Graham.
Now please don't all start bidding on it,,,,,,, :D

How long have you Time wise?
Before 6? Or tonight? tomorrow?

I have a 120, but its a LC3 so may Vary slightly, It doesnt have any back seats either, so I can only measure wheel arch to wheel arch, if thats any good. If your short on time, I can do it within 30 minutes.

1050mm between the wheel arches. 1300mm or so above them. If you look at the thread on my packing system the measurements might be there ....

this is the pic ...

base2.jpg

Attachments

• base2.jpg
    base2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 118
Thank you, Scuba, and Gary,

So,,, width wise it will fit. With about 25mm space equalled out between the 2 sides.
Length wise,, it is 750mm, where as Gary ,,,, you have managed far better use of the space, and actually got in 950mm (front to back).

I very much like Gary's set up, as I think the structural set up looks more secure.

Gary, when you remove all the stowed items from your rack system, will the rack system remove in one piece out from the back door? or was there some final build and weld, once you had got the storage system in situ?

Graham

Nope - it slides out in one piece (albeit at a slight tilt to clear the roof / rear door). TBH, i should have made it a little lower and possibly a little narrower - it's fractionally too big for absolute convenience. But it worked fine in France ... Everything stayed in place, and everything was pretty easily accessible.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Gary,
Well it looks very good, and very well made.
I really do like it.
I think I need to ask Chris (I think it was Chris ) if he has the time and devotion to make a similar one for me.

Graham

Back